Thread: Hunting from a blind...

Question Hunting from a blind...

Just curious and wanted to know if anyone is going to be hunting over bait in a blind this season instead of a tree stand? Have you ever? What were your results?

Quote Originally Posted by Schnowflake View Post
    Just curious and wanted to know if anyone is going to be hunting over bait in a blind this season instead of a tree stand? Have you ever? What were your results?
    Had good luck, it is up close and personal. EZ, portable, and nice in the rain.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Had good luck, it is up close and personal. EZ, portable, and nice in the rain.

Ya but Stid2677....that's not fair...you could probably shoot a freak'n sheep from the moon if you wanted too
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I am, got me a Primos Predator Den blind. It's been done many times by others, successfully too. It seems like a much better way to do it. More up close action, easier to judge a bear and favorable bow shots. Plus I hate hanging stands and having to pack them out.

Thanks...yeah I saw the other thread started on this AFTER I posted this one...sorry . I've been trying to decide whether or not to hunt from a blind or a tree stand, but I think I'd like to go with the blind. Looks promising...thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Schnowflake View Post
    Thanks...yeah I saw the other thread started on this AFTER I posted this one...sorry . I've been trying to decide whether or not to hunt from a blind or a tree stand, but I think I'd like to go with the blind. Looks promising...thanks again!
    Just one word of caution. The area I hunt has very few Brown bears, may sure you have a PLAN B in case a sow Grizzly or other illegal bear that you may have to deal with shows up. I keep a can of bear spray with me just in case, don't want a DLP case. I also try to keep the back of the blind to an obstacle to prevent them from approaching from the rear.

Be safe and good luck

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Thanks for the info Steve! We will definitely have a "Plan B." We were planning on bringing bear spray and a firearm or two. I can't wait for April!