Thread: Location Question

Default Location Question

So I am looking into the Fairbanks creek area to set up my bear stands. Does any one have any information on that area? Like, how far it goes, is there cabins down there, is it hunted hard by other bear hunters? Any info would help me. I am just trying to figure out if this is a good place to set up my baits?

Also have 2 more possible locations, Murphy/old Murphy dome. Or down the Old Nenana Highway (down were they used to do the logging). If someone could throw some help my way I would appreciate it.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

all are good areas... but come march you will be wanting to be out snowshoing the learning the land and looking for that spot...

we have discussed location of stands a lot on this forum for what to look for... 3-4 weeks.. time to hit the trails.

your not the only one in town looking to do it either..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    all are good areas... but come march you will be wanting to be out snowshoing the learning the land and looking for that spot...

we have discussed location of stands a lot on this forum for what to look for... 3-4 weeks.. time to hit the trails.

your not the only one in town looking to do it either..

Are they hunted hard? I dont want to take over any ones hinting spot, nor do I want to combat hunt. I looking at another spot, and I'll go to it if these "closer" areas get hit hard.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more