Thread: Tika T3 varmint stainless

Default Tika T3 varmint stainless

I am in the market for a new varmint rifle and I like the ooks of these and its in my price range. Anyone have any opinions on these rifles? I have never shot one but I am thinking of getting it in the 22-250 cal. Any input is appreciated thanks

Yeah Tony I sell guns for a major outdoors store. Your right they are reasonably priced rifle of good quility. Thier very lightweight and have a real slick action. All reports say they shoot real well MOA. Only draw backs are, 1 they only come in a long action so you'll have a longer bolt pull than a normal 22-250. Second don't lose are break that plastic clip as they cost $60 to replace. All and all a good rifle we sell alot of them. Hope this helps you.

I've got a question for this thread also, tho not too much for 22-250, probably an excellent choice for that caliber

But for heavier, are they Too Light ?? I've hefted a few Tikkas in stores, really like the action,
    feels like it's made real well, heard tons about their accuracy reputation, then,

I was watching a U-Tube video of a guy shooting one in .270 and he obviously got Whapped pretty good by the recoil,
    I was surprised to see that so wondering as I shop for a rifle for my 9yr old, it'll be in .243 or 25-06,
    so probably not an issue, right?

Anyone feel that maybe they are too light for a small shooter ?? Maybe a heavier Browning or something would be better ??
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I've got a T3 lite stainless in 30-06 springfield that's a great shooter. I think they are ugly as all get out but it shoots good and is nice to pack around. It kicks pretty hard due to the 6lbs 3 oz weight however if you are looking at a 22-250 up to a .243 Winchester it shouldn't kick bad at all. I'm considering getting a Varmint version in .243 Winchester myself.

I've got it in the .243 and it's super accurate. Recoil is minimal and the bolt is as smooth as guns costing over a grand. They're not the prettiest things, but they work. I can't imagine the 22-250 having much recoil.

Thanks guys I think I am going to pick one up in the heavy barrel it seems like everyone is happy with the accuracy I am not too worried about the recoil for a 22-250 as my everything else rifle is a 300 ultra cannon. I just need one a little smaller for coyote and lynx. I have a 223 savage I like and its a really good shooter but its a blued rifle and I dont like rust stainless is easier to care for

Kodiak

Tikka's are excellent shooting rifles. My wife ( 5'2 110lbs) shoots one in a .270 and loves it (best group w/ fact ammo .64"). If you end up getting one of these rifles for a younger shooter I would HIGHLY recommend the limbsaver recoil pad (~$35) as it will significantly reduce recoil and they have a line specifically designed for the T3 so it fits/feels/looks great. I've shot the T3 in .338 win mag and I can honestly say it hurt like crap, but again, was tolerable with the limbsaver.
    Do something brave today... then run like hell
    ~~~~~~~
    The ideas of tomorrow are fashioned by those who challenge the ideas of today.

Smile

I have one chambered in 6.5x55 Swede. The recoil from this round in any rifle is minimal and it is no different in the Tikka. Accurate gun.

Default Tikka T3 Lite Stainless

I recently picked up the .223 version, and out of the box the rifle shot 1" groups at 100 yards with a 4-12 BDC Nikon ProStaff. I worked up some handloads using Varget and H-335 and 55grain Sierras, and the groups were 1/2". The gun is light, action incredibly smooth, and I'm looking forward to some critter whacking.

The Tikka is a very good gun. It may not be best looking but is very accurate. I have one in 300WSM and with factory 180's it will shoot one ragged hole if I do my part. It's recoil is not bad at all either. I will be buying another one ounce I figure out what I want. Good choice and you should be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    I've got a question for this thread also, tho not too much for 22-250, probably an excellent choice for that caliber

But for heavier, are they Too Light ?? I've hefted a few Tikkas in stores, really like the action,
    feels like it's made real well, heard tons about their accuracy reputation, then,

I was watching a U-Tube video of a guy shooting one in .270 and he obviously got Whapped pretty good by the recoil,
    I was surprised to see that so wondering as I shop for a rifle for my 9yr old, it'll be in .243 or 25-06,
    so probably not an issue, right?

Anyone feel that maybe they are too light for a small shooter ?? Maybe a heavier Browning or something would be better ??
    I have a 270 T-3 and like it a lot, it shoots well and has a nice action. It is very light and I never notice the recoil when hunting, at the range I have a slip over pad that really helps. I bought the pad to use on a 375 but now use it on everything at the range and notice when I forget to put it on. I doubt you would ever regret buying a Tikka..........
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR