Thread: Smaller Forums

Default Smaller Forums

It would be nice if the most popular forums like the Hunting Forum were purged of threads that fit better in the smaller forums to generate more traffice there. For instance, there are currently 2 or 3 threads on the front page of the hunting forum that are about scopes and binos and the Optics forum gets very little traffic. Ditto with the Gear Forum, many of the threads in the Hunting forum could be moved there to encourage more traffic. I realize it's a huge PITA to move threads all the time, but I think it would do the site good to have an active campaign to generate more traffic in the less travelled forums. If a forum is only going to get one or two new threads a day it might as well go away IMO.

Good point. We do try to move those threads to the relevant forums, but sometimes miss a few or it takes us a few days to get to. Apparently I've got some work to do.

This web site is like the government, it keep getting bigger and bigger to accommodate every special interests. At the rate its going you will need a army of people to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutting Moose View Post
    This web site is like the government, it keep getting bigger and bigger to accommodate every special interests. At the rate its going you will need a army of people to run it.
    We appreciate this input as much as we appreciate the requests of our members for more specialized forums. Our task is not to create a bureaucracy, but to respond to the needs and requests of this community. When those needs and requests collide, we do our best to serve the needs of the majority.

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay