Thread: Wirehaired Pointing Griffon at Fairbanks shelter

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Default Wirehaired Pointing Griffon at Fairbanks shelter

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/18510185?mtf=1

They say male, nice looking 7 mos old Griff in the Fairbanks shelter pending adoption. If you're interested contact the shelter at 459-1451 He came from Washington state but the family had no time for him.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Kim Just went to look at this dog.. he is currently intact. not fully house broken yet, the shelter said the owners dropped him off after having several accident on their bed... Does not appear to have any real separation anxiety. is doing well in the kennel they have him in...

He is very tall and friendly. has some manners once she got a treat in her hand, sit stay ect...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Wife took me over this morning, and he was adopted 5 min prior to our getting there...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Me and my brother are the lucky ones who adopted Speedy. Special thanks thanks to the lady at sportsmans warehouse who informed us that he was there. will be picking this guy up monday after he gets his manhood removed.

Default 6 yr. old GWP at FNSB shelter

Great news & I hope Speedy works out well for you, Jason!

Now there's a 6 year old, neutered male German Wirehair Pointer at the FNSB Shelter. His name is Crockett. Don't know anything about him other than that.

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Jason - you're so lucky. I love (or hate) the comment about the dog peeing on the bed. Why was he on the bed? Who leaves a 7 mo old puppy alone in the house? If we could just rescue all the dogs who have stupid owners. I try to THANK the stupid owner for allowing me to have our WPG. Our Jack was also untrainable. He sleeps in a crate next to my bed, is starting wagon wheel, Whoa, practicing rally and after 15 min of manic at the beginning of class he passed all our practice exercises.
    You just have to keep moving to keep their attention. If you start early they will pull too. Jack pulls better in harness than the sleddog washout. So training right off the bat to pull in harness and heel in a collar is easy started early. I'm new to Griffs but really like him, when I don't want to strangle him. They are in your face dogs, but first trip out in the field picked up the idea of someone throwing marks right away. They pick up things so fast you might think they are trained but I anticipate that I'll find out the conditioning for retrieve takes just as long as a Lab to be reliable.
    Learning how to groom them is different too. Stripping out a coat is a whole new experience and their ears are a common problem keeping them clean and hair free. If you want some contacts I have them. One of the top agility dogs is a WPG in Fairbanks, the woman is very helpful as is the Yahoo discussion group. You can register him to run in some hunt tests too. I'll probably take Jack to the Midnight Sun picnic tests and run Jr.

Default just looked

just went and looked at the gwp at the shelter doesnt look full breed. he is on the shorter side and a little overweight. they said he has been there 2 times as a stray and the family getting rid of him said they were moving. decided to pass on this one, not exactly what i am looking for. Linda if you could send some contact my way that would be appreciated.

Jason - I pm'd you some contacts and web sites.

I've heard this dog went back to the shelter after being rehomed to someone else from the person who got him. Does anyone know where he ended up?