Thread: Figure Eight Lake

Default Figure Eight Lake

I am looking to ride trails out to Figure Eight Lake. Can anybody shed some light on where the best trailhead to do so is at? I have done a little research and am coming up with Point Mackenzie Road near the jail... I have only been down that way a couple of times and am not all that familiar with the area.

Thanks for any help!

hi your right the trail from point mckenzie you park on the left side in the borough parking lot there is a fee site
    then you pull out of there to the right and follow the natural gas pipeline trail about 8 miles then there is state marked sign
    for figure 8 lake you turn to the left and from there im not for sure of the trail because i always go on out
    to alexander
    but trail should be easy to follow because i know alot of people fishing out that way some taking off tonight

Follow the gas line and start looking for a trail marker on the left after 8 or 8.5 miles. Then follow the trail to figure 8 another 7.5 miles. Trails good, you'll cross a couple small lakes and go past the high voltage lines to figure 8. Just stay to the most used trails.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"