Thread: Need Sawyer canoe help

Thumbs up Need Sawyer canoe help

Hello I'm the proud owner of a Sawyer Kevlar 49 Aramid 18 footer. I'm looking for any info on it. Any experts out there? I want to redo the bottom. Thanks

Well I did some looking and it seems that they have a couple of ways they lay up the canoes, they have a full on kevlar and they have a kevlar and glass lay up.. The full on kevlar expedition series uses E glass under the gel coat,, and on the blend canoes. they probably use the standard resin lay up.
    No matter what ,, you can use either .. the epoxy type is a little harder to work with.
    repairs with either will bond just fine.
    Do you have some pictures of damage to the canoe and what kind of repairs are you wanting to do?
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

quote: (Max) "Do you have some pictures of damage to the canoe and what kind of repairs are you wanting to do?"

Yup, what Max said. We do Kevlar repair here in my boat shop. Post up some info and we'd be glad to offer some suggestions.

- Jay

I'll get some picture up maybe tonight. Thanks,

Lynn