Thread: Draw Results Release, Halfway there...... !!

Default Draw Results Release, Halfway there...... !!

Hey, I noticed that tomorrow morn,

The Wait for Draw Results Release (if on schedule ??) is Halfway Over
    that is if you applied on the Last Day,

If you've been waiting since Nov. 1 (Earlybirds get to wait Longer.....)
    Your wait,..... is a Whopping 75% Behind You now

Ok, it's January, thinking too much, I guess, right?

OhhhKkayy, sorry I mentioned it, ......if you had conveniently forgotten for a while

Don't Ya Just Love Winter ? Really, the numbers line up exactly....Whew, how wierd is that (probably should have put this in the daily joke thread I know) But it's not really funny, IS IT ??
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I've been waiting impatienly since mid November,I never thought about the little longer wait,why'd ya have to go and do that!!Well hope the best for ya buddy,I've been looking at the calender counting the days hopeing that me,my wife,all the family and friends gets lucky enough to pull at least one out the pot.Only time will tell and it's going bye very slowly.

Somoene had to bring it up. but either way I sit here with fingers crossed............tic tok tic tok
    The good thing is that right after I find out I finally drew my bison permit I leave for vacation in Hawaii.

Good. But for all the early birds, I have bad news. I have a good source that tells me permits are going to be awarded based on when the permit was applied for, starting at the latest applicants and working backwards. I put in on December 26 so I should do well this year.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman81 View Post
    Good. But for all the early birds, I have bad news. I have a good source that tells me permits are going to be awarded based on when the permit was applied for, starting at the latest applicants and working backwards. I put in on December 26 so I should do well this year.
    Great! I should be getting everything I put in for since I wasn't in until around the 28th I think.

LOL. Good luck on that anchskier. Myself, I'm not waiting for anything. Every year my permits prove to be nothing more than a well placed donation to the State of Alaska. To increase my chances of success next year, maybe I'll use a different method in choosing permits - I'll throw darts at the draw supplement on a dart board.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

I was pretty excited for Feb 25th. My new 2011 GMC 2500 HD Denali Diesel was going to be delivered and permit results would be out. But, there were too many cold weather issues with the Duramax DEF system for my comfort so I cancelled the order and now all I have to look forward to is hearing about how other hunters got their permits, and the system is rigged. Yeah for me.

POOR 1S1K winter got you down, how about you just do another remodel project and keep looking to the bright side... for example you actually have the credit rating that would allow you to purchase a 2011 GMC 2500 hd. Now that's something to be glad about.

I'm just hoping the don't keep delaying the due date because of the problems they had with the paper apps.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

...and a mere 11 months till I can make another annual contribution to ADFG and get no love in return. The time seems to fly by when you have no expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman81 View Post
    I used to wait till the last days to put in and with only two tags in ten years I thought i'd try to get them in early to see if it helps my luck a little bit,you'll probaly just hear me whine again!

I've been applying for quite a while, not a draw to speak of,
    til last year, got a dream hunt, after applying on the LAST DAY via online apps

maybe there's something to it (littleman's theory that is)
    sure seemed noticeable to me last year,

and the wait was sure short
    Actually I usually toss in some apps and totally forget about it til I hear it's already posted
    in the local paper,
    Now having drawn something, I'm all into it.......

Lots of Regis hunts available tho, NOT that big a deal, Really
    (unless you're a Dall Sheep or Kodiak Bear Hunter I guess)
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i dont expect any... i got one last year... and had been since 93 the last time i drew... but i was told the Draw is all third party now.. so that should preclude any " fixing"... but then again, with 6 of us in the house putting in for things.. THAT has to better our odds..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by goaty View Post
    I'm just hoping the don't keep delaying the due date because of the problems they had with the paper apps.
    Hanging chad's again...........?

-akiceman25

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

I wonder how many people are expecting to apply for hunts in May? The good news is that the result will be out before they realize what happened and F&G won't be pressured into a do-over because of all the cryin and moanin.

I'm already making reservations on kodiak so warn the folks to look out for us in November kodiakrain.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

I'm looking at a beer drinking, golf trip to Vegas for 10 days in April...but don't want to burn the leave if I get drawn for one (or god forbid, multiple tags). I hate this dilemma!!! I never get drawn...but juuuuust incase....
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!