Thread: Hodgdon LVR powder

Default Hodgdon LVR powder

Has anybody tried any of this yet?

Looks to me like it adds about 100+fps to the old 30-30 with about any given bullet weight.

A 150 grain bullet at over 2500fps with a couple thousand CUP less than anything else. Around 2400fps with the 160 grain flex tip boolit.

I think Hodgdon just woke up the old 30-30 a bit!

Wow...a 70gr spitzer @3500 for the .22. I need to go get me a can of that stuff!

has anyone seen this stuff in AK yet ? SW, GNG,.........?? just curious,
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Thats for the Superperformance powder - not the LVR.

Some pretty hot loads out of the .243 & 6mm Rm also for the Superperformance - like 3800 fps for a 70 gr bullet.

But weren't we talking about lever guns here?

Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post
    Wow...a 70gr spitzer @3500 for the .22. I need to go get me a can of that stuff!
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I don't think its available yet. I've had it on order for about 2 months now.

It's available. Several places have it in stock.

Oh well...since I have 4 fresh cans of Reloader 7 sitting on my shelf I'm just going to have to be happy with those big lead bullets plodding along at 4000 ft per 2 seconds!.......makes em sound fast though don't it!

Quote Originally Posted by evandailey View Post
    It's available. Several places have it in stock.
    Thanks. I'll get on the phone with my local gun shop and see what the hold up is.

The thing to remember with the .30-30 is that some of the reloading data and factory rifle specs are with 20" barrels. The LVR data give is with a 24" tube.

This powder has piqued my interest thought. The only place it town that sells powder is now up around $30/# !!!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Thanks, EKC:

I didn't even know about that stuff.

Clearly, you are on the cutting edge.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

i bought 8# from midway.....but haven't tried out any ammo yet. it's winter here.
    happy trails.
    jh

All the LVR ammo has its own special blend of powder for each cartridge. The LVR powder is the one blend made spicificaly for the 30-30win and may not do as well in other cartridges.

I wonder if it will work in any cartridge that also likes other 30-30 powders? I think I will stick to H4895 in may 35rem untill I see others reports on how it works in the 35rem and 358win.