Thread: Random jacket and pack questions

Default Random jacket and pack questions

Im new to this forum and starting off with questions already. Im not from Alaska but will be heading up there this fall. Is there a website I can find Barneys Pack's other that Barney's to order them from or does anyone on here have a used one that they are trying to get rid of? Im heading up there this fall to hunt and need something for carrying out a Moose..... hopefully. Im fresh out of the military and am in school, so to say the least... IM BROKE!!!!

Also, Im thinking of purchasing an Alaska Brooks range jacket from Barney's for a buddy of mine who guides for sheep in Alaska. Is it worth the money and will it hold up to the elements?

Thanks for your help.

24hourcampfire.com is also a great place for used gear. For internal frame packs, check out the Mystery Ranch series....

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad83 View Post
    Im new to this forum and starting off with questions already. Im not from Alaska but will be heading up there this fall. Is there a website I can find Barneys Pack's other that Barney's to order them from or does anyone on here have a used one that they are trying to get rid of? Im heading up there this fall to hunt and need something for carrying out a Moose..... hopefully. Im fresh out of the military and am in school, so to say the least... IM BROKE!!!!

Also, Im thinking of purchasing an Alaska Brooks range jacket from Barney's for a buddy of mine who guides for sheep in Alaska. Is it worth the money and will it hold up to the elements?

Thanks for your help.
    Barneys markets the Barneys backpack - sole source, so far as I know.

Being "BROKE" & shopping at Barney's are usually mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Barneys markets the Barneys backpack - sole source, so far as I know.

Being "BROKE" & shopping at Barney's are usually mutually exclusive.
    Very true, except it is usually broke AFTER not while shopping at Barney's. Too much good stuff in one little building.

I have a Brooks Range jacket and all's I can say is Wow! It is wind proof and very warm, but breaths well so not overly warm. Reinforced in elbows and shoulders. Have not had it in the rain, but it will handle drizzle and snow very well. Of course it is not a rain jacket. It compacts small for packing, and lofts right back after unpacking.
    Well worth every cent in my opinion!