Thread: How is the winter on Kodiak this year?

Default How is the winter on Kodiak this year?

We are heading to Kodiak this november for a DIY deer hunt. Just curious if Kodiak is having a tough winter.

Thanks

just got off the phone with john crye yesterday and he said winter is going pretty well. pretty normal nothing of huge concern or anything....yet.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

NY Jeff, so far it has been a pretty mild winter. We did get a lot of snow but it is melting and the temps did not get real low so I don't think it had any major impact. If the weather continues like it has been so far deer hunting should be good next fall. Good luck

Mel
    Kodiak Island Adventures
    907-539-6474
    Shearwater 38' Allen Marine Catamaran
    Lana J 40' USCG inspected

Hopefully the weather remains good and the herd does well so I can maybe get my son his first big game animal this fall.
    Paul

In my experience this has been a pretty Easy Winter,

We've had only one Hard Heavy snow, lasted less than two weeks or so before, this last week,
    it was raining and 38F to the degree that a lot of grass has been exposed again.

Deer should be recovering well, hasn't been very cold either. I think 12F was about as far down as it went and for only a few nights,

My wife keeps saying, "No, winter isn't over yet,...." (this last week was Gorgeous and warm)
    we'll see what happens in Feb/March, ........

So far, pretty Darn Nice on the Southern Coast
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !