Thread: What's your favorite bait ball

Default What's your favorite bait ball

Getting the baiting fever pretty bad. I'm fixin to buy a couple bait balls from 907 this year and wanted to get people to weigh in on which scent is there favorite I'm leaning towards anise and bacon but wondering if bacon would attract brownies also does any one last longer then another

All of them no realy the marchmellow one is the one I like the best

i am also intrested this being my first year in an area with tons of bear sign so im hopeing to take my first blackie withe the new bow and tree stand.

All of them are really good. I used the anise and marshmallow, both with great success. I'm sure Jess will give me a different flavor to try this year, maybe ill try cherry.

marshmellow ,.................
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Mike glad you can spell man you would have thought I was half in the bag when I wrote my post

who cares what I like, go survey a good sample of bears and get back to us with their response.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    who cares what I like, go survey a good sample of bears and get back to us with their response.
    I kinda figured that's what everybody else did was sampled what ball brought in the most bears and how quick, obviously I don't give a darn what "you" like the best unless your covered in fur and leagle to stick a broadness into!

Default Ops

Broadhead not broadness the iPhone makes up words for me

I never used a bait ball but i know anise works real well and is strong smelling, i usually hang a milk jug with a bunch of holes punch in it filled with cotten balls and hang it high in a tree, and I just pour more anise in as i need too throughout the season. I have never used marshmallos for my bait.

Quote Originally Posted by wiso_67 View Post
    I never used a bait ball but i know anise works real well and is strong smelling, i usually hang a milk jug with a bunch of holes punch in it filled with cotten balls and hang it high in a tree, and I just pour more anise in as i need too throughout the season. I have never used marshmallos for my bait.
    Good idea wiso. I just might have to steal that one this year.

Well since I REALLY want to get my first bear this year, I buckled! I told myself I wasnt going to buy one and I did. I bought the marshmellow one and I am hoping it works like everyone here says it does. My buddy bought a bacon one, so we will give you a full report later this year. I will make sure to include pics, if we get any. I thought the marshmellow had a stronger smell, but would think the ansie would work awesome! So good luck all, and be safe.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Good idea wiso. I just might have to steal that one this year.

It works real well......Glad I can help

All i know is that the maple flavored bait ball in the garage makes me hungry everytime I walk through it!!! Can you make some that we can eat Jess???

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    All i know is that the maple flavored bait ball in the garage makes me hungry everytime I walk through it!!! Can you make some that we can eat Jess???
    Chad,
    Sorry if you get a craving for pancakes while in your station.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Ok. I will fess up. Peanut Butter bait ball and scent can't be beat. Had bears destroy not one, but two bait balls. Sprayed Peanut butter scent from the stand. Never again. Bears got in the stand and chewed up the chairs.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    Ok. I will fess up. Peanut Butter bait ball and scent can't be beat. Had bears destroy not one, but two bait balls. Sprayed Peanut butter scent from the stand. Never again. Bears got in the stand and chewed up the chairs.

thats a good lesson to learn i think.......ive never baited before.....but i wanna try it maybe a little this year....i got a spot thats just beggin to be tried....ill only be wanting one black bear, for breakfast sausage.....so if the spot turns out to be a keeper, ill gladly take a fellow forum member out.

Release Lake Trout

Default Baitem 907 Ball

Here's what happens to Maple Syrup Ball when you hang it to close to a limb. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

I used two Marshmallow Scent balls last year and the bears ate both of them. They were hanging in the same spot as the year before where I had the Anise ones that didn't get eaten. I also found out that my bears were picky, they loved vanilla but didn't like molasses. Skittles and Good and Plenty are also a favorite among the bears.
    How bout a Skittles scent ball Jess
    -Caleb-