Thread: 2011 Phantom 60/40 diesel.

Default 2011 Phantom 60/40 diesel.

Heres a little utube video of the boat trying to get on step.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaterGremlin1
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Wow...I don't have a dog in this fight, but if a picture is worth a thousand words,.....whats a like that video worth?......

Looks like something might be in the grate or stuck on the impeller?

This whole Phantom thing is a non stop train wreck!

WOW should have been on step in less than half a boat length Mike how fuel did the have in the boat.

I dont see a lot of upside to trying to market anything on these blogs. I wont even try selling on the for sale section due to some of the bashings I've seen about experts and their opinions on what its worth or not. Its kind of a bummer cause some of these guys do sponser the forum and its probably a disincentive to them, not to mention we all collectively loose out on their experience and comments in the long run. BUT, if I did market anything here, I'd sure try to be low key and un-offensive and not super-populate each and every thread with the "schpeal" on my stuff....

Ok I understand there was a problem with the grate, plugged, still wrapped in plastic, whatever.
    I understand this.

But that shizznizzle is hilarious!
    For any manufacturer.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    I dont see a lot of upside to trying to market anything on these blogs. I wont even try selling on the for sale section due to some of the bashings I've seen about experts and their opinions on what its worth or not. Its kind of a bummer cause some of these guys do sponser the forum and its probably a disincentive to them, not to mention we all collectively loose out on their experience and comments in the long run. BUT, if I did market anything here, I'd sure try to be low key and un-offensive and not super-populate each and every thread with the "schpeal" on my stuff....
    I dont guess my post really got all my point across. I'm not saying Mike is "bashing" here... any rep who pursues the marketing of their product to the exclusion of objective and fair claims/statements would seem to be bringing this on themselves due to their ardor in pushing his product. Any poster who clearly departs from objectivity and fair claims looses the "value of their experience and comments" I was referring too. If you claim your boat is best... it sure better be, or I dont feel like I'm getting much value out of your posts... If you are like me and a moron enough to try stepping in a place like that with my jet fouled for whatever reason, then you ought not be running your mouth that your boat is any better than anyone elses... I didnt necessarily earn the names 'sandbar' and 'capt crunch' all by myself (it was the boats faults!) but any of us has the potential to be in those kind of situations!

And you are so very right, the shizz is hilarious! (not to date myself, but I'm sure glad the most and worst of my mishaps were in the "pre-digital" era!)

"Sticks stuck in Nozzle/Bucket- Talkeetna 1981" (not my fault!)

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...iselanding.jpg

Did I mention that was the "best boat on the water in alaska"? Here was another "best boat ever" that also "wasnt my fault"! (improperly adjusted steering)

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...cticMan013.jpg

And these were the easy ones... the truly bad ones we never had time to dig out no cameras... (but, you did have to be on step to get there!)

Default Need some instruction

Chris, either I've not been running my boat hard enough, been awful lucky (I'd rather be lucky than good anytime), got the nasty part of the learning curve over when I was still running outboards, or somehow skipped the lucky part and was graced by the Almighty with being better at this than I deserve (This I highly doubt). So far I've not been in the woods with the SJ or any other boat, but have pushed my fair share back to deeper water. Perhaps you could show me how it's done..... Oz

Boy the one does put a new meaningto the word stuck how did you get it back in the water come alongs and winch? Must have a hell of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    Boy the one does put a new meaningto the word stuck how did you get it back in the water come alongs and winch? Must have a hell of a ride.
    Actually, the good thing about being stuck when its "not your fault" is theres no hurry to get free and hide the evidence (since no decent person would ever make fun or you for it or anything like that, right?)

I just had my "lackeys" (when you drive like me you always got to bring some of them along, preferrably with strong arms, backs, and legs! ) give me a shove and I drove on through to the other side! (Then drove back to the launch with only making RH turns... now that WAS a challenge!)

Can you believe some shallow-minded fellows actually named that corner after me? In spite of the fact that it so clearly want my fault?

All kidding aside, when I realized I wasnt going to make the corner on step I pulled power and was in full reverse (my second experience with the lack of efficiency of a stock sportjet reverse bucket, the first being when I should have grabbed a clue when it wouldnt back itself off the trailer) the water was running over the bank and through the brush to the other side so it was really slow motion and pretty benign as the water just in slow motion sort of carried us along with the floodwaters into this newly established channel. After much thought we actually did push it on through to the other side... thank heavens for UHMW and a few strong backs with great attitude that day!

Quote Originally Posted by OzAK View Post
    Chris, either I've not been running my boat hard enough, been awful lucky (I'd rather be lucky than good anytime), got the nasty part of the learning curve over when I was still running outboards, or somehow skipped the lucky part and was graced by the Almighty with being better at this than I deserve (This I highly doubt). So far I've not been in the woods with the SJ or any other boat, but have pushed my fair share back to deeper water. Perhaps you could show me how it's done..... Oz
    The first question I alway ask of a young potential "padeuan apprentice" such as yourself is: "just how big a ol' boy are you?" (the more like a linebacker, the better!)

The second is: "are you willing to sign an "non-disclosure, my lips are sealed, no making fun of me" doument?

When it comes to this stuff it's a "I'm not as big as I once was....." No matter, my son is getting almost as big as me, but he eats more (he's 14) and it's harder to get him to work as hard unless I leave the food in camp and he has to get the boat off the bar to get his next meal!! As for the non-disclosure, you have got to be kidding. There's no fun in that and besides, no wrecks no stories. As long as no one gets hurt and the floating steed doesn't get too damaged, Katie bar the door. And thanks for callin' me young. That's the first time in quite awhile anyone's done that. Lets just say that the dark hairs are significantly outnumbered 'round here.