Thread: David E. Petzal of Field & Stream and his blog concerning Zumbo, please read it

Exclamation David E. Petzal of Field & Stream and his blog concerning Zumbo, please read it

"If Sarah Brady is smart—and she is very smart—she will comb through the same blogs and chatrooms I’ve been reading, excerpt some of the most vicious and foul-mouthed entries, print them up, and distribute them to Congress. Then it will be interesting to see how the men and women who wrote that stuff enjoy seeing their efforts being put to use by every anti-gunner in America."

A big fat ROGER on that. It's sure fun to stand up on our soap boxes and say things on the internet that we'd never get away with saying face to face. And guess what. It's all in print and anyone can get to it.

Angry Boo Hoo

Sounds like Petzal needs to buy a ring and marry Zumbo.

We have been on red alert against anti gunners for a solid decade or longer.

No excuse for bedding up with Sarah and her bunch for any reason.

We banged ruger for it with the high cap mag BS.

We did it to Smith and Wesson too. I still wont buy a Smith and Wesson!!!

I never buy DRYDENE products or COKE or ever stop at a 7-11 since they all contributed a million dollars to ban handguns in Maryland.

So dont tell me Zumbo never got an NRA alert about assault rifle bans and prejudices and such, and how we need to stand together.

So boo hoo and let me know about the next bozo who does this same crap and then says he never knew zumbo got flamed. Yeah right..

jedi

Just checked his blog. I fear we'll die of self inflicted wounds. It is evident that some of these guys don't give a hoot about hunters or they wouldn't be calling people Fudds. Fudds give permission to hunt on their property. What's the point in insulting them. Finding access to hunt may not be such a problem in a state like Alaska where the gvt. owns most of the land. It is a problem in the lower 48, especially east of the Mississippi. As for the second amendment, I believe what Harlon B. Carter taught. (If you are too young to know who that is get off the blogs and google up a real education. I'm sure you will like what he had to say when he was fighting tooth and nail to get rid of the infamous Gun Control Act of 1968.) When posting please be aware that you don't need to "spray and pray" the traditional hunting crowd with insults. Now, has any body seen any waskelly wabbits I can hunt?

Default 2a Not About Hunting

I think the reason for the outcry is pretty simple - how can a guy who has belonged to the NRA for 40+ years, and been in the hunting/shooting industry for 40+ years, as Jim Zumbo has - NOT realize what a stupid thing he said?? How can he have been an NRA guy for 40+ years, and know NOTHING about match shooting, Hi-Power, etc?? At a time when all firearms owners need to stand together, he threw a population of shooters probably LARGER than the population of hunters under the bus. He should have known better, he provied himself to be a hypocrite on 2a by what he said, and he paid the price for it. So long, he's got plenty of money, land, and contacts to enjoy retirement.

As for Petzal - he came out in support of banning "assault weapons" back when the 1994 ban was coming around. And he called the people who spoke out against Zumbo "yahoos" and "mental patients." Hard to forget language like that.

What EVERY hunter should wake up nd realize is - 80 million gun owners, and only about 14 million hunters. Without the rest of the shooting community standing next to us and protecting our right to keep and bear arms, we won't have any legal firearms to hunt with.

Zumbo, Petzal, et al need to step off their elitist pulpit and become a part of the larger shooting community they claim to support. Actions speak louder than words.

If you are a hunter who reads this and don't support the rights of other shooters to own the weapons of their choice, yes this is also directed at you.

Michael

Default opinion

I personally don't see how someone in the busines for so long can claim such "ignorance" (his term wasn't it?) of the gun types mentioned, being used for purposes other than what he (Mr. Zumbo) stated (terrorists).
    Doesn't he read gun magazines? Doesn't he talk to his contemporaries?
    I buy the apology but I don't buy the excuse......
    I'm sorry he lost his job. However I didn't fire him.... Remington did... as well as his other sponsors/employers.
    Seems they are the ones who need to make nice. I have little to offer the man except a plate of venison and taters...

reuben....

My bottom becomes chapped when a person with years of gunning experience does not understand that guns/firearms are tools. Some tools are used to hunt with and some for self protection. Owning a 'black gun" does not mean that you have to hunt with it. Tying hunting to 2A rights may not benefit the self protection gun owner.

I can now rest Zumbo with the Dixie Chicks in my deleted files.

Cool Oh Yea

Mr. Petzal, says please don't be mean to my buddy, He's done so much good; All the little children love him and he's a works for Sarah Brady. JZ had a brain fart and it affected more than his endorsements with his sponsors. It effects every person in the USA whether they realize it or not. It's an afront to the constitution and the people protected by it. I hold no anomosity towards JZ if he lives long enough he'll get plenty of that, but he ain't welcome in my camp.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Wink What Do I Think?

The short version? Sounds like back peddling for a friend! Bill.
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

2a Not About Hunting
    Exactly! Hunting is an adjunct to the right to keep and bear arms.

The Second Amendment is about the defense of liberty, self, country and ability to overthrow a tyranical govt. The problem with elitists jackwagons like Zumbo and his ilk is they really don't think we will ever have use them in that manner. History says they're wrong. They are willing to throw us under the bus thinking the enemy camp will play nice. The enemy camp will NEVER play nice. I have absolutely no respect for him or his kind and see them as much my enemy as Sarah Brady is.
    Now what ?

It really pisses me off as a gun lover when an anti tells me I should not own a gun - I have NEVER told an anti they should own one, so why do they feel they have any right telling me I should not!
    I guess I confuse easily as I thought the definition of the word "Liberal" would go something like - open minded, let others live their lives the way they want to without restrictions - Hmmm I guess I just don't get it!
    I would love to walk up to an anti, place a empty gun in their hand and ask: OK, now tell me why this will likely make you want to run around shooting people just because you have one in your hand? P-l-e-a-s-e!
    Sad that some of our highest profile supporters make public comments that drag other gun lovers down that are outside of their world of gun use.....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I have told male members of the anti-gun crowd that they should accept their responsibility as a man, husband, and American and buy a gun and learn how to properly and safely use it. Being able to defend your family and country is part of your responsibility as an real American man IMO. But of course some of the anti group are not pro-American and I'm sure many of them aren't real men either although they may be of the male gender.

What is the current link for the blog- I couldn't find it on the one shown earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    It really pisses me off as a gun lover when an anti tells me I should not own a gun - I have NEVER told an anti they should own one, so why do they feel they have any right telling me I should not!
    I guess I confuse easily as I thought the definition of the word "Liberal" would go something like - open minded, let others live their lives the way they want to without restrictions - Hmmm I guess I just don't get it!
    I would love to walk up to an anti, place a empty gun in their hand and ask: OK, now tell me why this will likely make you want to run around shooting people just because you have one in your hand? P-l-e-a-s-e!
    Sad that some of our highest profile supporters make public comments that drag other gun lovers down that are outside of their world of gun use.....
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

This is a four year old thread. Fast forward to today....Zumbo has kissed and made up with the gun world, then he broke bread with Uncle Ted and learned about AR's.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem