Thread: Susitna Crossing at Talkeetna

Default Susitna Crossing at Talkeetna

Anyone know if a trail has been established across the Susitna River at Talkeetna. Wed be coming down the Chulitna Bluff Trail heading towards Trapper Creek and looking to go over to Talkeetna.

It only a miles from the Trapper Ck. side of the river to the Talkeetna. I would go to Trapper Ck. and head east.

I know in general how to get there. What I was wondering is if someone has broken a trail from the Chulitna Bluff trail through the woods and across the river. This has been done in the past. I'd rather not ride for several miles along Petersville Rd to get to the river. Also, I'd prefer to see where someone else crossed without going through the ice.

Call Susitna River Lodging at 733-0505. Ask for Howard. He usually has a hand in putting the trail in and grooming it. He will know.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Thanks Doug. I'll try giving him a call next time I'm thinking of riding that way. Last weekend the snow reports for north and west of Trapper Creek were too tempting and we went in that direction instead. It was a good call as there was a lot of nice snow to tear around in.