Thread: When to book airline tickets?

Default When to book airline tickets?

When is the best time to buy a ticket for mid. oct.?
    Pittsburgh to Petersburgh if that matters.

Do it soon as possible before fuel prices go up and they will as well as air fairs.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

That's probably good advice - prices only seem to go up.
    I was going to say, whenever they are cheapest - but that wouldn't be much help.
    I'd want to have them about 5-6 months ahead of trip time.

Just checked $1016 ,6 years ago it was about $880.

I'm flying back to Minnesota Saturday for a couple week and the cheapest I could get was $650 round trip. Anchorage to Pheonix to Denver to Minneapolis. And as bad coming back.
    Two years ago I flew back for white tail hunting and paid $550 round trip. Anchorage straight to Minneapolis.
    It's getting ugly now. Buy now if you know your dates you wanna be here next spring, summer or fall.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Unfortunately getting from Seattle to Petersburg is the most expensive part. There's only 2 flights a day. Flight 65 is a milk run that hits Ketchikan, Wrangell, then Petersburg. And flight 64 comes from Juneau, but they run that flight in cargo configuration so there's only half as many seats available. Keep and eye out as there is usually a spring sale. Your cheapest option is to find a discount carrier to get you as far as Seattle then switch to AK Air from there. you might save $100 here or there waiting for sales but in general your looking at around $900 for the ticket.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.