Thread: New Dixie Dangerous Game Slug

Default New Dixie Dangerous Game Slug

Hi all,

Has anyone tried the new Dixie Dangerous Game Slug? If you remember a conversation a year or so ago, seems like Dixie owner heard our questions and came out with a Hardcast/Harder slug for Dangerous game encounters: 870 grains at 1200 fps. You have to sign a waiver to buy them because they are much harder then a normal slug. Also, where would you rate the Winchester Partition Gold Slug? 385 grains at 2000 fps........ Not trying to reopen any bad conversations here, just wanting other thoughts........ Thanks in advance.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    Hi all,

Has anyone tried the new Dixie Dangerous Game Slug? If you remember a conversation a year or so ago, seems like Dixie owner heard our questions and came out with a Hardcast/Harder slug for Dangerous game encounters: 870 grains at 1200 fps. You have to sign a waiver to buy them because they are much harder then a normal slug. Also, where would you rate the Winchester Partition Gold Slug? 385 grains at 2000 fps........ Not trying to reopen any bad conversations here, just wanting other thoughts........ Thanks in advance.

Ron
    The 870 grain slugs is no harder than the Dixie "Terminator slug that wiegh 703 grains. The Terminator slug is for rifled barrels only. The reason for the wiver is the the 870 grain slug can be used in either a rifled barrel are a smooth bore. The slug is too hard to be shot through any thing but a cylionder bore or a rifled barrel. Remember "CYLINDER BORE" not IMPROVED CYLINDER BORE which has a bit of restriction

I have some of these slugs and they are far and away the most devestating slug you can buy for a shotgun. I would use them on anything with complete confidence

I would try any of them if they came to my area but don't think they ever will
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

A 730 grain Dixie Terminator Slug that we tested

They made the 400 grain Partition from my 416 Rigby look puny by comparison

All I need is to get the correct tube.

Thanks for the info.

Ron