Thread: flat lake (near big lake)

Default flat lake (near big lake)

just wondering if anyone fishes it and if they do where would be a good spot to start looking for some burbot and char?

I have fished flat lake once. My buddy pulled in a nice char. Not sure where we were on the lake, but the fishing was slow. The fish he caught was a really nice size. We were jigging with very little movement. ADF&G has some good lake maps to study to kind of give you an idea the layout of the lake and depths. Follow the link here: http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/State...ail/LakeID/278
    Hate America??....then get the Hell Out!!!

what shoedawg said.......ice fished there as a kid 14-15years ago.......had a mid-sized bright orange kroc on sittin jus above bottom. in like 30 fow.....had a cuzin at his cabin on that lake and i had to use his bathroom, so i ranover there......just as i got back to my rod, it started goin down the hole.......turned out to be a 28" char and that was the only fish we caught all day.....

Release Lake Trout

Yea my buddys char was about 21 inches. We didnt have a flasher that day either, but I think our lines were in about 20 feet of water.
    Hate America??....then get the Hell Out!!!

cool i was wondering if it was better than big lake cause you could ue bait

you know somethin though......ive trolled flat lake around the islands in the summer and did really good. big rainbows and char.....i know theres decent fishing there, but ice- fishing seems to be tougher......if you go, i think you should stick to really shallow water, like less than 10 feet, and you mite be better.....to me itd be worth a try.....ive also heard that mud lake?? in between big and flat lakes can be good fishing too.....

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    you know somethin though......ive trolled flat lake around the islands in the summer and did really good. big rainbows and char.....i know theres decent fishing there, but ice- fishing seems to be tougher......if you go, i think you should stick to really shallow water, like less than 10 feet, and you mite be better.....to me itd be worth a try.....ive also heard that mud lake?? in between big and flat lakes can be good fishing too.....

Same here, except I've never fished Mud lake.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"