Thread: Tuning Recurve

Default Tuning Recurve

I am dusting off my recurve and starting to mess around with it again. It is a Gamemaster with 55# limbs. The arrows are tuned to it very well. No thanks to me. The fellow I bought it off had the same draw length as me and I just continued with his arrow formula.

I am looking at going to longer high performance limbs as well as increasing the poundage. So I will be playing around with arrow point and insert weights and perhaps footing the arrows to get them up to 600 grains or so. Which archery shop in the Wasilla to ANC area has a decent assortment of point/insert/adapters in varying weights? Where I can perhaps buy one or two of each size vs. having to buy them by the sixpack online.

Any reccomendations?

Thanks,

Jeff

Go see Judy at Bearpaw (just off Lucas on Melanie). She is really pushing traditional gear now and can help you out.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thanks man.

Tuning a recurve is actually easier then a compound go to U tube and do a search, Black Widow has a DVD out also.

bowmaker.net is the best trad bow tuning guide I've read.

Jeff go spend some time with Judy at bear paw, she is right in town and you'll learn far more than a DVD or you tube can ever offer you.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.