Thread: Wasilla area VICTORY garden

Default Wasilla area VICTORY garden

I am gonna put in a garden this spring, a large enough garden if others would like to join in I would be happy to let you. I feel there's enough people that don't own their property and am offering them to help and collect the fruits of our labor. I am not too far off the intersection of church road and pittman if you are interested lets get our heads together, cause spring is a coming
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

That's a great idea ironartist - wish we lived closer.

Good luck bud the only thing I can ever grow is taters. I've got a buddy that grows nice tomatoes but he has a green house better get busy fabing one up. If you need any help moving dirt around let me know.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

I have two areas available to set up the first area is about 50x50 with killer all day sun, and if we get more folks that would like to get involved I have another area thats 50x200 and more if it is needed. Jim I will definatly keep your offer in mind, thank you sir
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Gosh It would be nice to find space for a project like this in Anchorage. I helped a Butte gardener a few times but the gas costs really kept it from working out.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSunRebel View Post
    Gosh It would be nice to find space for a project like this in Anchorage. I helped a Butte gardener a few times but the gas costs really kept it from working out.
    How about some of those parks with all the homeless people camping in them. Maybe when the city closes them they could rent out plots for a low price then set aside a percentage of each plot that would be donated to the homeless. That way you get a nice plot to grow your own garden and a great opportunity to help out the poor. They should even be able to put a cash value on the food donated so you can claim it as a tax deduction.

Great idea. We are gonna try a garden at our place this year. Never had one before. Maybe we can lend a hand and learn a few things in the process. We're right down Church close to the parks.