Thread: handy folding knife

Default handy folding knife

helping a friend with his downed elk i used my case trapper, and was surprised at how it worked. this is a very old design, made with modern steel and as useful as it ever was. generally i use a fixed blade, or a "heavy" folder but am glad to report this knife still is one of the best.

have you ever tried this model?
    happy trails.
    jh

I have this exact same knife, and yes, it is a good one. The blades hold an edge very good. I used mine on 2 whitetails this year. It is a very good "pocket knife". For overall versitility though, nothing beats the Havilon Piranta. Knute

Is the Case still made in America?

W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company is an American manufacturer of premium, hand-crafted knives that are passed down for generations. Based in Bradford, PA, Cases offerings include a wide variety of knives that fit virtually any need, from convenient folding pocketknives and fixed blade sporting knives to limited edition commemoratives and collectibles.

i didn't know the details of mfg....thanks king!
    happy trails.
    jh

Great Knives,, My dad and both my grandpas carried that exact same knife,, i was given three from one grandpa, one from the other and two from my dad, these are very old knives and i guard em with my life.. Iused to just drool all over myself and want to handle em everytime i would see them in use..
    Its a strange and wonderful feeling i get everytime i use one of these knives,, kinda like ol grandpa or dad is right there with me, i'm very proud to have em.........

Quote Originally Posted by pinehavensredrocket View Post
    helping a friend with his downed elk i used my case trapper, and was surprised at how it worked. this is a very old design, made with modern steel and as useful as it ever was. generally i use a fixed blade, or a "heavy" folder but am glad to report this knife still is one of the best.

have you ever tried this model?
    Pinehavensredrocket
    Actually I have a Camillus (presentation) same design, that an old friend gave me in 1976 after a successful moose hunt... I should probably clean it up and put it away and save it for one of the grandkids, but instead, I have used it to field-dress moose and caribou for the last 35 yrs. I lost my old friend to Colon Cancer a few years back, and I'd like to think a little part of him is still on the hunt with me as long as I use the knife..../John

hi john; sorry about your friend and i feel the same way. truth is many ( if not most ) items of my gear has a story of some sort, which makes the hunt and life more interesting.

someone said "the more things change, the more they stay the same", trueism or not it make me think about old knives, old guns and old ways. in a throwaway world it is comforting to have something last.
    happy trails.
    jh

that is a nice little knife right now im using my timber rattler set and it works great