Thread: Predator Hunting

Default Predator Hunting

I just moved back here from AZ and want to go predator hunting around Wasilla, Palmer, Sutton, etc. Not too far away from home because I can only do day trips. My dad used to take me way back into Jim's Creek, almost to the glacier. Is this still a good area? If I remember correctly, February is best time. Any help with this.

its still decent hunting back there in jims creek....lots of critters but most of em aint dumb. Still worth a try though, id say get out to a good spot with a view wherever you find plentiful rabbit sign about 2 hours before dark or 2 hours before sunup.... beats goin to work right? rabbit squeals still bring in a few, as do the cawing of ravens or magpies, especially if youve a got a good visual (bird wing, squirrel tail, something to get their attention) out there for them where they can see it moving.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum!

Release Lake Trout

P.M. sent.

The Trapping forum here also has lots of info re predator hunting.

Good luck on them critters & welcome to the forums. If you're in my neck of the woods I/we go at least once every other week (my days off). Send a PM if you plan on heading to the Kenai Penn in the future.