Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please tip a cold one and say a prayer for AK NIMROD

Default Please tip a cold one and say a prayer for AK NIMROD

IN OBSERVANCE OF SO MANY OF PAT'S POSTS, I WILL DO THIS IN CAPS. IT TOOK A LONG TIME TO TEACH THAT OLD GUY THAT ON LINE IT MEANS YOUR SHOUTING, BUT I GUESS HE WAS JUST ALWAYS TRYING TO MAKE SURE WE WERE LISTENING.

HERE IS THE LATEST JOURNAL ENTRY FROM THE CARING BRIDGE SITE. HIS FAMILY IS ALL BY HIS SIDE, AND I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH HIS SON ROB. TIME IS SHORT FOR PAT, BUT HE WILL LIVE ON FOREVER WITH SO MANY OF US.

If only you can believe Dad. I will start out saying today has been a rough day for the family. Dad had visits from all his doctors today; the oncologist and the radiation oncologist both came in giving Dad his options for treatment. Those options are chemo or/and radiation. Dad declined both forms of treatment. His quality of life is more important to him at this point. The treatment they would be able to give him wouldn't be a fix to the cancer unfortunately. His cancer has grown alot and has spread onto the left lining of the lung. The cancer he has they are calling an angiosarcoma. It has rapidly spread in the last two weeks. So Dad decided to have his ventilator tube pulled, he was coughing so much and I believe that he was beginnning to suffer. Unfortunately the family has prepared for the worse.
    The tube was pulled, he coughed a little and then asked for pizza, a milkshake and beer. Can hardly believe it....well, Uncle Jack went to the cafeteria and got a pizza; ok stole a pizza cause the line was too long he'll go back later, the nurse ordered a chocolate shake and the resident dr has been trying to track down a beer. As for now things are going ok, he's very raspy and highly drugged but cracking jokes and asking where bingo starts. This fight is in GODS hands now.
    Thank you all so much.
    Keep him in your prayers and let's hope for the best.
    Patrina

Prayers sent.

Within these circumstances, it is good to hear that AK Nimrod is surrounded by those that love him, his family and you.

I usually don't post much but this is certainly worth posting.

Prayers Sent

God Speed AK NIMROD, God Speed

Prayers sent.

Glad to hear family is by his side.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Praying, I believe in Prayers!

May God provide peace and comfort to Nimrod and his family.

Praying for Pat as well. I appreciate all that he's shared here and afield with so many people! He is a hunter who has given much more than he's taken.

Prayers sent. May he find his beer and rest in the happy hunting grounds here after!

Brett

Prayers sent. God Speed to ya PAT. Next time I'm up on the Ivashak I'll be sure to share a cold one with you in spirit. Thanks for all the advice over the past few years.

Jerry

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

as some one that is currently sitting waiting to hear whats wrong with his father.....my deepest prayers with Pats family
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I pray for him his family.
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Peace and blessings to all.

Really sorry to hear about AK NIMROD my prayers are with you and your family during these times you will be missed.

Default Prayers

I add my prayers to all those above. Prayer is an unbelieable force.

It is great to know that his loved ones are by his side. I will pray for you also.

Phil

Pat, prayers were said for you and you sound like my old man when I lost him at 43 to cancer. He saved his own head. Said he would loose his hair on his own terms. May the lord provide you and your family the strength needed. You will be missed on this forum.

A man with over 900 posts and a signature line like this "
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER " I know that you are giving man. God Bless.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

God blissed AK NIMROD in life.Prayers send.

Lost my father when I was 30 to cancer - miss him badly - my prayers go out to Pat and all his family....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    IN OBSERVANCE OF SO MANY OF PAT'S POSTS, I WILL DO THIS IN CAPS. IT TOOK A LONG TIME TO TEACH THAT OLD GUY THAT ON LINE IT MEANS YOUR SHOUTING, BUT I GUESS HE WAS JUST ALWAYS TRYING TO MAKE SURE WE WERE LISTENING.
    Yes Jerod, I remember those posts! I believe Pat is a HAM radio Opereator or somthing like that.

Some of his posts in the beginning were like he was speaking radio code. He can always say more with less. It brings a smile to remember those early posts.

Thanks for the flashback.

Sounds like Pat is doing a little better this morning.

Here is the latest from the caringbridge page;

Good morning!!! Yes it is, Dad is having a popsicle, well two popsicle's and half of a 12 oz Mt. Dew soda pop. He looks good. He's talking about a trip him and mom took to visits his sister. Watching law and order and just relaxing still a little raspy in his voice. They are talking about moving him out of ICU to a more family situated room. The angels are watching over us, keep your prayers coming.
    Thank you all!!!
    Robert
    PAT, HANG IN THERE BUDDY! GET WELL AND COME HOME SOON.

PRAYING FOR TOTAL RESTORATION.

I though I never met him feel as if I did because of all the questins he answer for me. My prayers go out to him and his family. When I do get up on the Sag I drink a could one and pour one in the river for you PAT. God Bless and God Speed. Chris and family

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast