Thread: DU?

Default DU?

So I wore my Ducks Unlimited fleece to work last week when it was freezing. Several of my kids (I'm a teacher) immediately jumped all over me, quite incensed that I was a member and they didn't know. They then demanded to know why they hadn't seen me at any events and under the pressure of several irate pre-teens, I promised to go to the next event.

So, uh, since I'm a brand new member and all, when is this next event I am sworn to? Can anyone help me out? I certainly do not want to face the wrath of the small children again!

PM me when you get a chance.

Be sure and plan on going to the Spring BBQ event. I think it is in April, biggest in the state, give away (raffle) over 500 guns i think, Marlin (bearpaw) will be on here advertising it soon. There will be others coming up, usually one or 2 a month all winter long. You can also look at the du website for many of them listed dates and location. Have fun, Bud

Actually on Saturday there are over 250 guns (way over) but who's counting, plus a Toyota Tundra, Yamaha Grizzly, Tools, Optics, 2 gun safes, electronics, flat screen TV's, fur coats, dogs, hunts, trips, fishing trips, everything we can think of. Plus all you can eat baby back ribs, bar b q chicken, potatoe salad, lots of goodies. Lobby opens at 4:30 (reason being the Dena'ina Center isn't big enough so we have to use the lobby as well. Silent auction is in the lobby, sponsor raffle in the lobby has almost 200 guns. Then the main room opens at 5:00 all the doors stay open all night and people will be moving back and forth. checking on silent auctions and winning guns. Tickets are $85 each, $170 per couple, OR you can Sponsor which is $300 more and get a DU hat, DU print, $100 pack of General raffle tickets and a 1 in 5 chance of winning a gun. Better yet there is a GUARANTEED WINNER PACKAGE. $1100 for a single or $1185 couple (add one dinner) which includes a $500 pack of raffle tickets which gets you into 13 different raffles PLUS we guarantee you WILL win at LEAST one gun. If you want to see the list of guns I'm usually at Sportsmans Warehouse near the gun dept on Saturdays and Sundays 10:00 till 4:30 or so, sometimes later. Stop by and ask any questions. GET YOUR TICKETS EARLY THIS THING SELLS OUT. Plus I've got Raffle tickets for a 21 gun salute (you won't find a better list ANYWHERE) and I also have tickets for the BRAND NEW TOYOTA TUNDRA. Tickets are $50 each or 11 tickets for $500. If you don't play, you can't win!!!

Tickets are available. I'll be at Sportsmans Warehouse this weekend Sat and Sun between 10am and 4:30 or 5 depending on how busy it is. Come by and say hi. I'll show you the gun list. It WILL blow your mind.

On Friday, will there be a dog auctioned off?
    Thanks
    Gary
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I'm hoping so, you may have someone bidding against you.....ME. Well maybe not I try not to bid too much on Friday. But I think I heard there will be a dog on the live auction. FWIW 5 of the live auction items are ......BOOZE. Each comes with a key. ONE of the keys will fit a lock. The lock is attached to a KIMBER 1911. Who ever opens the lock, wins the gun. Lots of other things like that. I think there is also going to be a Montana Antelope hunt for two. Still working on that. Over 100 guns on Friday night, gun safe, camping gear, fishing gear, optics, flat screen TV's bunches of stuffffffff!!! Buy your tickets in advance, not sold at the door.

Bear, I got my CC ready for that dog!!!!!!
    I just hope the auction happens when my wife leave to go to the bathroom
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Just be watching the program, and giving her plenty of beer. Things have a way of sorting them selves out. I once decided to help the folks out by bidding up and item (at a different event) when the bidding stop suddenly my wife looked at me and said "what the hell are you thinking???" I think this has happened more than once. By coincidence I wanted both.

The Ducks Unlimited Anchorage Spring Bar B Q will likely be sold out in the next week roughly speaking. If you want to go, now is a good time to get your ticket. We are selling tickets at the Sportsmans Show this weekend and I will be at the Sportsmans Warehouse the next couple or so of weekends to well tickets for the Military Hunters Night Out. If you haven't been to these events you are missing a fine time. Please go to www.anchoragespringbarbq.com and look it over.

Saturday night is totally sold out. Military night still has tickets available. For convenience we will be selling tickets at the door. Only 600 people will get in. I'm not sure how many tickets have been sold, but well into the 300 range, don't know if it's hit 400 yet so there's room for plenty more. Plan on attending. Plan on having a good time.

Marlin, what did you find out from Jim regarding auction of a dog Friday night?
    Thanks
    Gary
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK