Thread: What sluice to use?

Default What sluice to use?

Remote site on a stream. Don't want to suction dredge. Have sluiced in the past. Two of us. Me and the girl friend. Have covered storage. Want to upgrade from a non-powered sluice box to something a little more efficient. Will still be using a shovel and a four wheeler, not ready for a little excavator.

Looking for suggestions on power sluices or hydraulic jigs. OR something I have not thought of yet.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I have and use a Keener Highbanker.
    I bought mine used for a good price and am very happy with it.
    It is easy to use and transport and has good gold recovery.
    I did switch all my hoses from NPT to Camloc fittings as well as changed the plastic valve to one that threads on so that I can swivel it as needed.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Hey Chris, what size is your Keene?
    Mine is the A-52 conversion with 2.5" dredge attachment. Looking for ideas for mode to improve the hopper...
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    Hey Chris, what size is your Keene?
    Mine is the A-52 conversion with 2.5" dredge attachment. Looking for ideas for mode to improve the hopper...
    It is the standard size Keene. Mine is the old style where you adjust the grizzly bars for different material. The newer style the whole hopper box adjusts to change the angle for different materials. I believe it is the A52 MODEL.
    I run it with 1.5" hose but I have to neck it down where it connects to the highbanker.
    I havent done any major mods to mine. I did break the pvc and had to replace the valve on it and when I did it I replaced it with a valve that has glue on ends that then thread onto the body of the valve. This allows me to pivot my water intake to any angle to prevent hose kinks or come in from the opposite side with my hose if the situation calls for it.
    What kind of mods are you looking to do?
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"