Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantom Jet Boats

Default Phantom Jet Boats

Has anyone heard that Marita Sea & Ski is no longer selling the Phantoms? Gotta go through FNM Marine in Big Lake...Are there any jetboats clubs or anything likethat in Anchorage? I am looking to buy a Sport Jon 60/40 asap. Want someone to follow for a while....any ideas???

Nice try HalibutGrove...nobody likes a poser ...

...who did you think you'd be fooling with a post like this?....

"..hey everyone!....did ya hear you have to buy from the FNM guy in Big Lake?"
    "...I gotta get me one of those 60/40's ASAP!..."

Could you or your buddy have been any more obvious...

...too funny....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Tjm, that's what you call a troll account...

Hmmmm I think this has pretty much marked Phantoms off my list when I go to purchase a jet boat (was going to start looking this summer) I have the ocean boat but have never ran the rivers.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

You could follow me but from what I hear you won't be able to keep up.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the fisher View Post
    Has anyone heard that Marita Sea & Ski is no longer selling the Phantoms? Gotta go through FNM Marine in Big Lake...Are there any jetboats clubs or anything likethat in Anchorage? I am looking to buy a Sport Jon 60/40 asap. Want someone to follow for a while....any ideas???
    You could buy the new 60/40 diesel and start the phantom diesel club,,,PDC,,,meet up at the yukon river bridge,should be plenty of water there,,,,, It might be lonely,but at least you won't blow up.....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    Nice try HalibutGrove...nobody likes a poser ...

...who did you think you'd be fooling with a post like this?....

"..hey everyone!....did ya hear you have to buy from the FNM guy in Big Lake?"
    "...I gotta get me one of those 60/40's ASAP!..."

Could you or your buddy have been any more obvious...

...too funny....
    Very funny indeed TJM!! I couldn't tell you who Bob the Fisher is but it sure wasn't me posing. Maybe you should try again. If it was me I would have said Wasilla since that is the correct location.

Welcome to the forum Bob, just ignore some of the d-bags you see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    If it was me I would have said Wasilla since that is the correct location.

Welcome to the forum Bob, just ignore some of the d-bags you see here.
    who other than one of your buddies knows that you live in Big Lake?....looks like your buddy dropped the ball on this one I give him a solid 'B' for effort but gotta' give him an 'F' for execution....

I wonder if the guys down at Phantom are the newest members of the forum....if so, welcome guys...too dang funny...i need a tissue...

just ignore some of the d-bags you see here.
    this coming from our local D-bag leader...Bob, if anyone knows d-bags it is Halibut......he may talk out of both sides of his mouth but at least he smells fresh....

...you're fun Halibut, thanks for making the winter go by just a little bit quicker for all of us....really...
    pull my finger....

Unless you are the moderator and an authorized forum administrator who can view vBulletin's Multiple Account Login Detector (AE Detector) and a specific user's IP address (among other advanced security features) you are doing nothing more than spinning your wheels by assuming who any specific user may or may not be.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanOutdoorsman View Post
    Unless you are the moderator and an authorized forum administrator who can view vBulletin's Multiple Account Login Detector (AE Detector) and a specific user's IP address (among other security features) you are doing nothing more than spinning your wheels by assuming who any specific user may or may not be.
    you are absolutely correct....
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    who other than one of your buddies knows that you live in Big Lake?....looks like your buddy dropped the ball on this one I give him a solid 'B' for effort but gotta' give him an 'F' for execution....

I wonder if the guys down at Phantom are the newest members of the forum....if so, welcome guys...too dang funny...i need a tissue...

this coming from our local D-bag leader...Bob, if anyone knows d-bags it is Halibut......he may talk out of both sides of his mouth but at least he smells fresh....

...you're fun Halibut, thanks for making the winter go by just a little bit quicker for all of us....really...

Hmmm who else knows I live in big lake. The guys a Marita TJM. It's possible Bob is the same person that called today wanting a 60/40. He mentioned he'd been discussing the purchase with them and they finally informed him they couldn't sell him a Phantom. Probably tried talking him into Wooly and said NO WAY! You and I both know why Marita was dropped as a dealer. Your blatant assumption that I or some friend of mine would come on here just to pretend they're interested in a Phantom is simply childish. Maybe people have finally coming to the realization that the Alaskan XL rolled 1/8" 5052 bottom with 3/16" plate thrown in the keel along with 1/4" round stock in the preformed strakes just isn't going to cut the mustard. I'm not making it up, go check the pictures. Maybe they also want a fuel tank that can be unbolted and removed instead of have to be cut out because it's welded in place.

Your assumption that Bob the Fisher was me or someone I know was truly below you and I know you can do better. I really had more respect for you until now. Enjoy the rest of your winter.

Rest assure, whoever Bob is he'll be treated right and offered a great boat at a great price this week at the boat show.

Wow Mel, you've managed to make me shake my head once again. Who would have thought that someone with like interests and in your case, being in need of at least mimimal support and some farthing of respect from the boating community, would stoop to calling his fellow boating brothers names. As for the Alaska boating community, with those on here at least being in this limelight, you're toast. You call one of us a d-bag, you've tagged us all. Personally I think it's sad to have gone where you have and I'd still stop and help you get unstuck or with a mechanical 'cause that's how I'm wired, but you've certainly driven a wedge between yourself and a bunch of good guys, not to mention a bunch of nails in your business' coffin. Hope your business partner has a strong client base already and will weather whatever storm you bring with you.

Hey Mutt, don't discount a Phantom yet if you still want to look. You tell Phantom you'd like to buy a boat to your specs but are sour on their choice of dealers. Don't know for sure their reaction but it's likely to get their attention, they've sold a lot of boats here. Perchance they need to see this forum. Don't sink the boat for a dealer that apparently has shot lots of holes in his figurative hull.

Quote Originally Posted by OzAK View Post
    Wow Mel, you've managed to make me shake my head once again. Who would have thought that someone with like interests and in your case, being in need of at least mimimal support and some farthing of respect from the boating community, would stoop to calling his fellow boating brothers names. As for the Alaska boating community, with those on here at least being in this limelight, you're toast. You call one of us a d-bag, you've tagged us all. Personally I think it's sad to have gone where you have and I'd still stop and help you get unstuck or with a mechanical 'cause that's how I'm wired, but you've certainly driven a wedge between yourself and a bunch of good guys, not to mention a bunch of nails in your business' coffin. Hope your business partner has a strong client base already and will weather whatever storm you bring with you.

Hey Mutt, don't discount a Phantom yet if you still want to look. You tell Phantom you'd like to buy a boat to your specs but are sour on their choice of dealers. Don't know for sure their reaction but it's likely to get their attention, they've sold a lot of boats here. Perchance they need to see this forum. Don't sink the boat for a dealer that apparently has shot lots of holes in his figurative hull.

Oh please OZ, you mean your going to sit back and let TJM claim a new member was me posing and think nothing of it. It was ludicrous statement to call me a poser. I guess if it's ok to call me a poser, then that means everyone is a poser using your same train of thought. We're you the poser? I'd stop and help you along the river as well. Give you the shirt off my back if needed. As the new dealer for Phantom AK Fab will do it best to ensure it customers are well treated. What I won't do is sit back and let someone shoot spit wads like a classroom clown and disrespect me or anyone I know or don't know. Maybe you didn't read the entire post. My comment was targeted at one person only and I'm sure everyone knows who. Probably a bit over the top and I apologize but give me a break. Next time I guess I should just turn the other check.

Hmmm who else knows I live in big lake. The guys a Marita TJM. It's possible Bob is the same person that called today wanting a 60/40. He mentioned he'd been discussing the purchase with them and they finally informed him they couldn't sell him a Phantom. Probably tried talking him into Wooly and said NO WAY! You and I both know why Marita was dropped as a dealer. Your blatant assumption that I or some friend of mine would come on here just to pretend they're interested in a Phantom is simply childish. Maybe people have finally coming to the realization that the Alaskan XL rolled 1/8" 5052 bottom with 3/16" plate thrown in the keel along with 1/4" round stock in the preformed strakes just isn't going to cut the mustard. I'm not making it up, go check the pictures. Maybe they also want a fuel tank that can be unbolted and removed instead of have to be cut out because it's welded in place.

Your assumption that Bob the Fisher was me or someone I know was truly below you and I know you can do better. I really had more respect for you until now. Enjoy the rest of your winter.

Rest assure, whoever Bob is he'll be treated right and offered a great boat at a great price this week at the boat show.
    Hey ! ....there's the HalibutGrove we all know! ...welcome back buddy...

...never want to miss an opportunity to bash the competition....I definitely don't want to go there again...yeesh...

...but as far as cutting the mustard, 'cmon now Mel, half of the folks on this board are proof of what cuts the mustard, all of them "Cut the mustard"...to say other wise kinda make you look silly...but I'll just chalk it up to you being a victim of your ignorance on the subject and not a slimy sales tactic....you wouldn't do that, would you?

as far as who knows where you live?...I imagine anyone one of your friends/business partners do...

....but, my apologies to 'Bob', I'll be at the show all weekend, come say hi,

I'll be the goofy looking guy in the Wooldridge sweat shirt...I'd love to talk about the phantoms with you...they are a cool boat and I have a quite a bit of experience/info about the differences of each of the Phantom models...

...I'd be happy to share all I know about the Phantoms with video to really help show you the differences....I'm not a sales guy and have no agenda to discuss Wooldridge at all, I'm just a guy who likes boats, I think I can help you pick out the right Phantom for your application...

...but don't limit yourself to the Phantom (unless you already know that's the boat for you), there are many boats in that category (Extreme Shallow, SJX, Predator, Hewes, Willy, Riddle, etc.) and I'd be happy to help lay out all of the differences if it will help....they all 'cut the mustard' quite well...

I'm running out of cheeks here Mel, but alas, I turn another.....If you get questions from potential customers at the Boat Show about sport jet Phantoms, feel free to wave me down, I know it will be tough for you to really help your customers decide since you admittedly have no experience with the sport jets....I'm here for you buddy, maybe we could do lunch.....your treat of course....
    pull my finger....

[...] tell Phantom you'd like to buy a boat to your specs but are sour on their choice of dealers.
    What makes you think this hasn't already been done? Fact is, from what I've experienced, heard, and read (around the state mind-you), many have called in with complaints to both Phantom and Mercury frustrated about how a certain Anchorage dealer interacts with customers, fails to resolve problems, and charges for work that would have been considered warranty work at other dealerships around the state. Alaska is a small community. I for one am glad there is a new dealership in south-central and hope to one day not have to take my boat to Compeaus in Fairbanks for EVERYTHING despite living in Anchorage.

[...] Next time I guess I should just turn the other cheek
    While the D-bag comment wasn't the best choice of words and was out of line IMO you weren't alone. I can see why you were frustrated based on the many posts that lead up to this specific thread where it appears some may have a clear agenda for and against certain boat manufactures. Some may disagree with my opinions - if so, that's fine - to each their own.

Sad to say, but this thread has digressed into what equates to a high-school playground dispute; I guess it's clear we're in the middle of winter and there isn't much to do in Alaska. Hopefully the moderator will lock this thread before the dialog gets even worse.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Personally I think this thread is hilarious in a TRAIN WRECK sortta way

HTML Code:
    I am looking to buy a Sport Jon 60/40 asap.  Want someone to follow for a while....any ideas???

HG;
    When you see Bob this weekend ask him if you two had the same grammar teacher in 4th grade, I'm not a grammarian by any stretch nor can I spell but your lack of the use of the , and over use of the . or ? is kind of telling.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

ozAK

I am very much influenced by dealers. while I did not assume this was Halibut, I did think it is maybe a person that is known to him.

I dumped my wifes 02 Buick Rendevous that I had just paid off and bought her a 07 Sequoia from Kendall ALL due to the crappy GM dealers here in Anchorage (this was in early 07). As a matter of fact I dumped all my chevys and went to Toyotas due to the dealers attitude.

Just like I refuse to do business with people that consistantly put down other products (not say he ever said that) I do believe that any product you are selling should sell itself

i.e. While some weld thier tanks down, my product doesn't , we feel it is a better option for the customer if service work ever needs to be done. Would be better than "Supposedly they've built boats over 100 years and know how to build a boat. I guess they've learned to cut a few corners since then. Ok I've given away enough clues. Let's see who guess it right. "

Those that insinuate that the other manufactures are crap , are not those I tend to give my money to. This in NO WAY was said referring to the Phantom dealer. I just used this as a blind example due to the lenghty thread on this particular subject.

Oh and halibut?
    "Welcome to the forum Bob, just ignore some of the d-bags you see here"
    " My comment was targeted at one person only and I'm sure everyone knows who "

I am not a d-bag but I felt this was aimed at me also just by the fact I had posted. I know you probably didn't mean me but.. Nice that you apologized though.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

I wonder if Phantom is aware of how their name is being thrown around here?

Quote Originally Posted by M.Hicks View Post
    I wonder if Phantom is aware of how their name is being thrown around here?
    Good point, but I think Phantom would appreciate the comments made....most of us know the Phantom to be a neat/capable boat.....most of the comments express that....I think it is some of the motor/pump options that are being questioned...
    pull my finger....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast