Thread: Sharp Shoot R

Default Sharp Shoot R

fellas just want to state that this particular bore cleaner http://www.sharpshootr.com/wipeout.htm really has pleased me greatly. I have tried just about everything out there with the exception of witches brew in my bores and find this product exceptional! With a cleaned rifle I grabbed my wipe out and plug the breech/chamber and sprayed down the barrel about a 2 second burst of this stuff and let er sit overnight...the amount of blue on my patch was incredible! I sprayed more into the barrel for a final cleaning and not much came out but some carbon and ran another patch and it was clean. Now I have began a thorough cleaning of all my rifles...a laborious task but rewarding. I've a pre-64 that I bought used and it had layering upon layering of both copper and carbon...after 3 days of soaking and cleaning it is done......with minimum effort...

I bought this stuff over at Sportsmans W.house for like 13 bucks or so. worth the buy.

I'm curious as to how well this rifle was shooting before you started using this fouling remover.

this pre-64 I almost believed to be shot out as it was reamed to the AI...a .300 HH AI to be exact, a hot round. before using the wipe out I almost believed too that the riflings were worn compared to my pre-64 .338 wm that had perfect riflings. When I began zeroing in the rifle I had consistently a large spread and huge flyers.....so I parked the rifle for some further inspections and then some serious cleaning with Butches, CR10, Sweets and Montana Exreme and still had copper in the bore end. I recalled I had seen some foam cleaner at SW the last time I was in town and found later it was Wipe Out. Had my daughter pick me 2 cans and began cleaning....with amazing results! I'll get back to shooting/rezeroing the rifle soon but as far as cleaning goes once a barrel is cleaned you will have bout as much as a barrel can give you until it too begins to build up. I am not anal about consistent cleaning as in a mirror finish after every shoot but when some rifles show lousy shooting I start to clean rigoursly (sp).......generally with that foul smelling ammonia products of one kind or another. not anymore! by the way I use a plastic jig and now and again a nylon brush with this foam stuff. should have seen the 3 layers or so of copper and that hard carbon was still in the riflings...I mean hard. This rifle may have never been cleaned or if it did with products you and I have been using for years with poor results. I have a barrel made by Jim Pederson that I believed was cleaned and always appeared to be when I put it away...last nite I soaked it with this stuff and this morn a heavy blue patch came out! You're curious about accuracy? this is not my point..most barrels considering all things are generally accurate, it is about how I have cleaned for yrs with the products u generally use on hand. I am (shaking my head) sold.

what the OP said was why we brought the stuff into town last year and at $12 its a bargain. we have the accelerator too.

I have also been very pleased with this stuff. Really makes it easy to do a very good job on cleanup. It was very hard to find though untill WWG started bringing it in. Thanks!

BTW if you search for "Wipe out" there are a couple of older threads on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    what the OP said was why we brought the stuff into town last year and at $12 its a bargain. we have the accelerator too.
    A little information on the Accelerator, sounds like good stuff.

http://www.sharpshootr.com/new_accelerator.htm

I use it exclusively. I am paranoid that it will go away so I always have 5 cans on hand. I tried calling the company when nobody in town was carring it. They have either really good customer service or really bad, no middle ground I could see. I had somebody outside send some up so I would have some way to clean my nasty copper fouled RUM. Nobody wants to ship it up here since it is a haz-mat. Thanks WWG for carrying it. I will be in soon for the excellerator. That stuff makes cleaning at the bench a snap.

Anybody try the Carb-Out?

Which Sharpshootr products do you carry?

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    A little information on the Accelerator, sounds like good stuff.

http://www.sharpshootr.com/new_accelerator.htm
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

we have the wipe out the patch out and the accelerator, which speeds up the other two. I dont know if the acelerator has been delivered yet, last I looked it was on the barge

I need to get some more wipeout and I will pickup some accelerator too if I can find it. I have found on barrels that fowl bad that sweets 7.62 or similar takes out a lot more copper a lot quicker then the wipe out. On one rifle I found it took 4 soaks in wipe out to get a clean patch with wipeout. What I do now is 2 applications of sweets to get the worst of the copper then a soak of wipeout over night to get the last little bit.

I like both the sweets and wipe out and even hoppes. They are all different and when used for there different uses all work well in there nitch.