Thread: Russian SKS Questions

Default Russian SKS Questions

Hello all. I have the opportunity to purchase a russian SKS from the Tula arsenal. It is a last years factory refurbish with no date. Price is $200.00. The weapon is in good, almost very good condition. Minimal wear on the the "blackened" refurbed parts it does have the refurb stamp on it. It does not have the Tula star on top of the receiver hence the "no date Tula" designation. It does have a small star on the left side of the reciever. And is loaded with cryillic marks throughout. My Question is "Is it a worthwhile weapon to own?" and "Value of course?" Thanks for any insight.

I quit buying SKS's when they started selling for over $65-75... But they are what they are and $200 is about the going rate for an in good condition SKS.

They are good plinking rifles IMO!

- Clint

I want it if you don't!

Default cheap shootin

Get the gun.

Get cases and cases of wolf ammo.

Have fun at the range and before you know it your a better shot than you were before from all the inexpensive practice.

Unless you reload and like iron sight hunting, they dont lend themselves well to RELIABLE scope mounting or heavy bullet selection.

But for close range woods, using heavy softpoint ammo and small whitetail hunting you will be OK.

jedi.

Get two, if you can.

I'd buy it.

Back in the early 90's I bout 6 at the PX at camp Lejeune for $69 (same day, lady behind the counter thought I was a freak). wish I woulda kept atleast one of them. Now I cant believe the price they are asking and going for.

Its one of those rifles that doesnt excell in anything but doesnt suck either. Real fun guns.