Thread: fletching contact on arrow rest

Default fletching contact on arrow rest

well i got my whole set up now and have been getting it sighted in at 10yd so i can put my peep on and i noticed i am getting fletching contact on my launcher arm when it is in the down position currently my arrows are set so the cock is pointed stright left or right either way i put it it has contact on the lower fletch is re fletching or nock movment the only way to correct it.

ok i just found out that my knocks are not glued in and have another question that i am sure will bring some jokes but here goes does it hurt anything as far as arrow flight to have your cock up i just shot one through my target and into my garage door and while pulling in out the nock came off so i checked the other ones and they all rotate to so i switched it cock up and no fletching contact now im just wondering if shooting them this way will effect anything.

ever since I put on a drop away rest I've been shooting arrows with the cock fletch pointed up, been working good for me. friends have asked me about it since they do it the opposite, I figure whatever works for you is good

Luckily that's all you needed to do. I've been informed by some bowshop owners that some of the older drop aways (3yrs or older) aren't fast enough for some of these newer fast bows (310fps+ e.g.), so a newer faster rest could eliminate the contact. I've recently started to experience a little contact on my dropaway arm as well due to the spring weakening and am looking for a stiffer spring rather than dropping a $100+ on a new rest.

its all new so i dont think speed is an issue i think its just the fletching i am useing i will talk to the shop tommorow when i have them put on my peep and re fletch some arrows.

FOB them shafts!

Taylor

-[]--------->

Berger hole center of shaft?
    1/8" nock-high on the string?

Those are your most obvious culprits.

Taylor

Set that index feather straight up, it's the way to go with drop-aways. A drop-away shop go into the full locke up position within the last 2 to 3" of draw. Your nocks should not be glued in. Just twist all your nocks so that the index vane is pointed straight up.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by akscotty View Post
    ok i just found out that my knocks are not glued in and have another question that i am sure will bring some jokes but here goes does it hurt anything as far as arrow flight to have your cock up i just shot one through my target and into my garage door and while pulling in out the nock came off so i checked the other ones and they all rotate to so i switched it cock up and no fletching contact now im just wondering if shooting them this way will effect anything.
    I'm sure planting them in the garage door repeatedly will cause premature wear and possible fletching damage. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously though, was the garage door aluminum?

yea bighorn i have it set at 74lb draw and it went through a 300fps target and full penetration on and aluminum man door, the gold tips took it fine i checked them over real well before i shot again, well i got it were i can hit a 2in spot every time but im still not pleased with my accuracy yet but being my first cam bow im not to down about it i still have 3 nonths to get it down before bear baiting, got up to -10 today so i went outside and got 20yd set and 30 close now i just need room to do 40,50,60,70yd and learn to shoot from a tree stand, pretty big change from the old nova all the pins are touching from 10-30yd it takes up most of the sight to hit 40 with the old pse.

mark: if i had fobs on i might of had to buy a new radiator, i am looking at them in the future i will probly switch to fobs for the haul rd. when those long pins may come in handy.