Thread: I need a 7MM rem receipe

Question I need a 7MM rem receipe

I am looking to use my remmington model 700 as a predator gun and would like to load some rounds for this. I am new to reloading so really don't know anything to speak of, so you can assume the worst ;-). I do know enuf to not experiment on my own "outside of the book"

I am thinking of a lighter bullet (maybe 120 gr?) that is more solid so as to not blow things apart (and still be stable enuf to be accurate) and ruin hides and also maybe a lighter charge (maybe like a reduced recoil). What bullet, powder combo would you recomend?

Thanks in advance

SWT

Good Luck SWT, I have shot a ton of coyotes with 7mm bullets and the majority end up with pretty big holes, severe damage on thin skinned critters like fox. I stayed with one load - 138 gr Noslers at 2800 fps. I was not too concerned with saving the pelts but did sell some of them. You can go for head shots but will have a messy job of skinning as it mangles them up pretty bad.
    243 with 90 - 100 grainers better choice I feel.
    Might get by with 120gr bullets loaded down - I never tried that - hopefully someone will chime in with that experience.
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Thanks Smokey, I was mostly hoping to find a bullet that wouldn't expand, just punch a hole, then load it a little light.

SWT, when I trapped a lot I carried a Rem 222 and shot 55 or 60 gr FMJ bullets - they did pretty good but foxes hit in the shoulder bones still had some pretty major damage.
    Good coyote round though, many would run a ways before dropping but not too far to find....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....