Thread: Want a Fox Pro but.....

Default Want a Fox Pro but.....

I want to get a Fox Pro nd have looked at the companys product page and man is it confusing.
    I would like to get something thats not to complicated but would still like to have one that 2 or 3 years down the line will be like if this thing only had.....
    So what model would you all reccommend.
    I like the spit fire but the scorpion looks pretty cool to especially with the paly the call after the shot dealio, thats awesome.

I just bought the CS-24 on the advice of snowcamoman. That man puts some serious time and effort into predator calling, so I tend to take his word on things when he says it is the toughest caller he's used. I tend to abuse my gear a bit, so I wanted something that was built well. It has all the nice features of their higher-end callers, so I don't think you would end up regretting the choice after two or three years. I'm really new to this, though, so perhaps he can chime in here on why he likes the CS-24 so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I just bought the CS-24 on the advice of snowcamoman. That man puts some serious time and effort into predator calling, so I tend to take his word on things when he says it is the toughest caller he's used. I tend to abuse my gear a bit, so I wanted something that was built well. It has all the nice features of their higher-end callers, so I don't think you would end up regretting the choice after two or three years. I'm really new to this, though, so perhaps he can chime in here on why he likes the CS-24 so much.
    This is the same way I plan to go for next season.

Default Cs-24

Sniper,
    For Alaskan predator calling, it's tough to beat the CS-24. The thing simply has worked perfect in the cold. The remote will be the most complicated thing for you. It just takes a little practice in the garage to get used to how it works. If you're around Fairbanks, I'd be happy to give you a hand with the CS-24 or any other FoxPro. My CS-24 was further customized by FoxPro and I highly recommend the setup I have with dual power jacks put on the thing. That way, you can take your battery packs and wires and stick them into your pocket if you're on long hunts. Also, you can run two battery packs for a few days worth of calling if you need to. I usually only run a single pack of batteries and it will play all day hunting hard.

WOW thanks for the fast responses guys. Your right the remote is the only thing I see myself having a issue operating correctly 100% of the time, something about electrical dodads that get me all mushy brained.
    I am trying to keep the expense around 300-350.
    I really like the options on the scorpion x1b(?)
    Also I think I will contact Fox Pro and talk with someone over there as well just to get a well rounded poll of advise on everything I would like to know and then weigh all advice and make a decision on which model.
    I really do appreciate you all reccommending the CS-24 for the terrain and weather conditions up here

The Scorpion is a really nice little caller. I have an older model and it's really nice. The new remote on the Scorpions is slick looking too and has features that mine doesn't. FoxPro will get you lined up with something that'll work for your needs.

Well I think I have my mind made up after looking at the options page on fox pro's call selector. I am going with the Scorpion X1B. yes it doesn't have dual speakers for that high low call mix but it has a ton of other options that are real awesome. So I will be dropping the money in the mail on the 1st. Then all I need is a good mid barrel semi auto 12 guage and I will have it all covered. .204 ruger, .22 mag,and a little buckmark .22 pistol.
    I would really like to call in a lynx and a nice bright fox.
    Snowcamoman I really appreciate the help wish I was a little closer to you I would take you up on the offer of the help.

sniper,
    You have your bases covered on the rifles, shotgun, and handgun it sounds like. I'd recommend that you get a 10W TOA speaker for that thing too, just in case you want to get extra volume on a windy day or if you want to play stereo sounds. They're tough speakers and sound excellent. Just PM me if you need any help and I'll give you my number to walk you through any of it over the phone.