Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Curl Archery

Default Full Curl Archery

Went to Full Curl Archery here in town today for the first time. Took jkb down there to get him shooting his new bow. Wow, what a setup they have down there. Great shop, great products, and great folks. I wish they had a few more shooting lanes - a little crowded, but it was a Saturday as well, so that is to be expected. Nice bright building, great targets down range. Kudos to this new business. I'll definitely be going back.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

I agree, nice place and nice people.

I also agree. VERY nice people, very helpful.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

A thumbs up from me too. Joni was great.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Just saw this thread I agree, great shop. Great instructor once I stopped driving your arrows into the plywood it was much better. thanks again J
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Where is it located? I'll try to stop by next time I'm up in Anchorage.

Quote Originally Posted by DrB View Post
    Where is it located? I'll try to stop by next time I'm up in Anchorage.

On the Old Seward Highway, just south of Huffman Road. If you take the higway, get off on Huffman, go west and make the left turn through the roundabouts on to the Old Seward. Maybe 1/2 mile or so down the road on left side. Kind of a little strip mall, they are on the left end of the mall when you're facing it.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

I plan on visiting the place here real soon. Thanks for the insight.

Dave and Joni are great to deal with. Dave sold me his own nucleus stabalizer he was saving for himself for his Elite Tour which had not arrived yet. They let me shoot the bows I wanted for as long as I wanted until I made up my mind. Better leave your wallet at home or be prepared to walk out with a big dent in it as they carry top notch gear. I just wish their shop wasn't in all the way in south Anchorage, although that probably saves me money as if it was any closer I might be in there every night!

You might save some $$ but I just moved down to Huffman - I spect that I will be spending some time in there as my Wy archery elk hunt approaches...

Full curl is one of the better shops i've ever been to. They carry very good bows (I shoot an elite), and great top notch accessories. Very nice people, nice 20 yard range, nice clean and well lit shop and pretty competetive pricing. I make it a point to stop in there every time i'm in anchorage. They're the kind of people that are happy to take time to just talk archery with you, or help you with WHATEVER you need. Highly recommend.

Noticed the same thing when i was there.

I have only dealt with them over the phone but they have been extremely helpful. Even after receiving my order and it wasn't correct. They hooked me up with correct gear shipped free in a timely manner. Great customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by dpops211 View Post
    Full curl is one of the better shops i've ever been to. They carry very good bows (I shoot an elite), and great top notch accessories. Very nice people, nice 20 yard range, nice clean and well lit shop and pretty competetive pricing. [...]
    Agreed. It's the best shop I've found so far in Alaska and they are great to deal with.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Very nice shop! I'm glad to have them here. They stock great bows, accessories that most other shops dont carry or even know about...might take the plunge on an Elite there this summer.

blaster, I have three elites now thanks to Full Curl. One I bought from them, a Hunter and the other two I picked up second hand. I sold my mathews z7 after getting the second Elite. Great bows and best warranty in the business. Have you been to elite's forum on their website? Lot's of helpful info there and less of the bs you find on archerytalk.com. Joni let me shoot the Hunter and Pure for as long as I wanted until I made up my mind which one I wanted. I went with the Hunter to start with and now have a Pure and XLR. Would like to order the tour but think I have enough bow right now.

Are you a member of blacksheep? If you find me out there you can shoot my bow Pure as Full Curl doesnt have one in stock (at least last time I was there I didnt see one on the shelf).

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by alaskariverguy View Post
    blaster, I have three elites now thanks to Full Curl. One I bought from them, a Hunter and the other two I picked up second hand. I sold my mathews z7 after getting the second Elite. Great bows and best warranty in the business. Have you been to elite's forum on their website? Lot's of helpful info there and less of the bs you find on archerytalk.com. Joni let me shoot the Hunter and Pure for as long as I wanted until I made up my mind which one I wanted. I went with the Hunter to start with and now have a Pure and XLR. Would like to order the tour but think I have enough bow right now.

Are you a member of blacksheep? If you find me out there you can shoot my bow Pure as Full Curl doesnt have one in stock (at least last time I was there I didnt see one on the shelf).

Steve
    Thanks for the offer! I am not a member of Blacksheep. I recently got a new bow so I'll have to save up for a few months. I'm on the elite forums and check it out briefly. I got a bow buying/selling addiction so I'm sure i'll have an Elite within the next few months! lol

I know what you mean. they have support groups for drug users, alcoholics, but there is not intervention program for those addicted to archery. the only support groups out there just help support you by convincing you to buy more archery gear. My wife tod me I have a problem but I refuse to admit it!

Good shop and good 20yard lanes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast