Thread: Fish TV -- the $99 cheap one

Default Fish TV -- the $99 cheap one

Okay, anyone actually have one and used it extensively? I have read all kinds of thoughts and ideas on it, both pro and con, but would like to hear some real experienced opinions.

Thanks,
    Ted

My buddy has one and they work but there are better...He rigs his up to look start down and has better results...

Except for pike fishing, I never leave home without it. I have the 150$ model which is the same unit with a 7.5 " screen (discontinued?). Rainbows either love it or hate it. Either way, they cannot stay away from it. They smack it with their head and on a bunch of occasions have tried to swallow the entire camera. That's why my unit stays away from pike lakes. I bet that I have caught 4 times as many wild rainbows while using the camera vs without it. As for other fish, lakers seem as unimpressed with it as they are with me. I saw a burbot and some char shy away also. If I see fish and they aren't interested, I pull it up. I never would have believed the amount if fish that cruise by and don't eat. Seeing that live on camera sure is nice. I'll switch over to another pre-rigged immediately. Now that I have used my 7.5 " model, I could never go back to a 5.5" model. One last thing, you NEED to have (or make) the bucket lid that sits over the camera hole and secures it in place. It is no fun to try and fight the camera and fish at the same time.

[
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMonomonock View Post
    ...... One last thing, you NEED to have (or make) the bucket lid that sits over the camera hole and secures it in place. It is no fun to try and fight the camera and fish at the same time.
    CDMonomonock,

Thanks very much. Not sure what you are referring to above.

Also, did you ever have a pike actually hit the camera?

Ted

Thanks for the looking down tip, akdube.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner Ted View Post
    [

CDMonomonock,

Thanks very much. Not sure what you are referring to above.

Also, did you ever have a pike actually hit the camera?

Ted
    Here you go. http://redrockstore.com/Catalog/inde...on=show_detail

I never put it down if it's a pike lake. To me, it's just not worth the risk. I have seen youtube videos with underwater camers and pike but I won't try it. Maybe with your camera?

they are nice for finding transitions and lake structure other then that they get in the way and the fish with tangle with the line and then snap then ur fish swims away
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

I use mine to check out structure, fish finder questions, type of fish, size etc. Works better in a semi-dark place. Hard to see in the summer with the sun directly overhead even with the little visor.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

The kids love it my boys will sit and fish all day as long as they see fish on that camera. Weather they bite or not they will try as hard as they can to catch those fish. I really am pleased with mine for no other reason than getting my kids into fishing. Most of the time I would rather use my sonar. The sonar is actually much more effective than the camera at locating fish. Once the fish are located the camera can be a hoot, make sure you get and ice pod of some type to properly support your camera or you will end up waisting good fishing time trying to keep the camera straight.

Quote Originally Posted by zeda34 View Post
    The kids love it my boys will sit and fish all day as long as they see fish on that camera. Weather they bite or not they will try as hard as they can to catch those fish. I really am pleased with mine for no other reason than getting my kids into fishing. Most of the time I would rather use my sonar. The sonar is actually much more effective than the camera at locating fish. Once the fish are located the camera can be a hoot, make sure you get and ice pod of some type to properly support your camera or you will end up waisting good fishing time trying to keep the camera straight.
    Works not only with kids but WIVES too!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Is one brand better than another or are they all pretty much the same in quality?