Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crippled Herring I HIT THE JACKPOT!!

Default Crippled Herring I HIT THE JACKPOT!!

I found a place online that has Crippled Herring up to 20oz!!!! They have blue mackrell and Green Mackrell, White and chrome. They have them for 9.00 for the big ones and 4.00 for the 3-10oz size. I know people that have a few of the big ones in green and blue mackrel that they keep only for themselves. They covet them big time. I would call them my number one halibut jig! Also they had Berkley Big Game for dirt cheap. I run Big Game on my trolling rods and for silvers and nooks. I am in no way connected to the place that is selling them! Just a week or two ago i did a post looking for the big Crippled Herring. any way if you want some let me know and i can let you know where to look. They also has Hot N Tots and some big K-13- K-16's as well.

Can you post the link?

I think its against the rules to post a link. You can PM me and i will help you out

Quote Originally Posted by qkayak View Post
    Can you post the link?

Here you go: crippled herring

There are some decent deals on this site.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

too bad their shipping sucks... $31 for Priority mail with just 5 of the bigger herring lures? Guess they never heard of the flat rate boxes.
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

I ordered. Just $5.95 shipping-ground. I'm not in a hurry.

Thanks kgpcr for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by idakfisher View Post
    I ordered. Just $5.95 shipping-ground. I'm not in a hurry.

Thanks kgpcr for the heads up.
    To Idaho maybe!!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

yup... there was no other option than Priority ($31), 2nd day ($50-ish) and next day ($80-ish). Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Hell. I got 2 boxes of halibut weights shipped from Florida, 55# each for the flat rate of $14 for each box!
    200hp Honda 4stroke

Swissy, I placed an order for two of the 10-13oz jigs & used the USPS PO Box option. It was going to be $16+ which was more than the cost of the two jigs, but I wanted a couple just to have in the box. So today I get an email saying my order has shipped & that they used a flat rate box & they would be refunding $6.20 to my ccard.
    Finally they seem to be getting it & not trying to screw us by marking up the freight.
    Anyway if anyone is interested in them it might be worth making a call & seeing if they will do this as long as the order / boxes aren't to big / heavy

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    Swissy, I placed an order for two of the 10-13oz jigs & used the USPS PO Box option. It was going to be $16+ which was more than the cost of the two jigs, but I wanted a couple just to have in the box. So today I get an email saying my order has shipped & that they used a flat rate box & they would be refunding $6.20 to my ccard.
    Finally they seem to be getting it & not trying to screw us by marking up the freight.
    Anyway if anyone is interested in them it might be worth making a call & seeing if they will do this as long as the order / boxes aren't to big / heavy
    If they are willing to go USPS then they should be able to use a flat rate box. Weight doesn't matter. IF it fits in the box, the price is fixed.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I hear ya, they should be able to load it up till it tears at the seams, but you never no what strange shipping / handaling policies some of these places seem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    I think its against the rules to post a link. You can PM me and i will help you out
    Links are allowed, as is sharing a great deal. What you might be thinking of is commercial links that are promoting a member's own business. That is prohibited.

hey...that was a great tip, but they are going fast, while I was making my mind up several items in my "cart" became unavailable so I got it done (THANKS FOR THE PM ON THE WEBSITE KGPCR) ... I'm a big crippled herring fan but never found any over 7oz before.

Well, I'm not all that busy these day so if some of you can't figure out how to get the priority flat rate shipping, and want to order to me and have me ship to you, I'd be glad to help (unless you're planning to fish in MY spot Just PM me...

thinking of using some of the really big ones instead of lead weights on double bait halibut rigs and also I have a 600 foot deep shelf I think is holding a monster lingcod

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    To Idaho maybe!!
    Yep, but we need a break, even the USPS thinks Idaho is somewhere next to Indiana!

WOOHOO!
    Yup... got an email from them, and am getting a shipping refund also. Nice to see some customer service in this day and age. Can't wait to try the 20oz!!!!

(and if they read this thread, thanks for listening to the customer)
    200hp Honda 4stroke

This company deserves our business, I got my order in 2 days, paid the $5.95 flat rate shipping and they put my $76 order in a $10.50 medium flat rate priority mail box! so, they ate $4.50 in shipping, don't see that everyday! Even put a "Thanks" note in the box, made me a customer for life that's for sure, and as this thread is about, they have some whopping deals. If you make up your own bottom rigs, check out their crimp sleeves, about 80% of for some big ones.

Got mine today as well, what are you planning on using for a hook set up? I think I may take off the standard bottom J hook it came with, just not sure on how big to go wtih for the 13 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Ron View Post
    This company deserves our business, I got my order in 2 days, paid the $5.95 flat rate shipping and they put my $76 order in a $10.50 medium flat rate priority mail box! so, they ate $4.50 in shipping, don't see that everyday! Even put a "Thanks" note in the box, made me a customer for life that's for sure, and as this thread is about, they have some whopping deals. If you make up your own bottom rigs, check out their crimp sleeves, about 80% of for some big ones.
    I ordered, but then forgot to send an additional email and they refunded a huge portion of the shipping back without me having to say anything. Great service! Too bad they didn't have more stuff I needed!

AKMarmot

I recieved my order too. They look good. I think we just about cleared them out of large crippled herring.
    So, why do you want to change out the hooks? Maybe I can learn something here.
    And what size do you think the hook is on the 13 oz jig, I don't know how to tell?

Beyond the hook matter...how do you fish these? I just love this forum and as a newbie to having our own boat ~ haven't even been out in it yet... I monitor most threads which apply to my application ~ most of them...and try to learn as much as possible. Even though I'm currently in Idaho [retired 1 Jan from Air Force after 30-years and was stationed at Elmandorf where we absolutely fell in love with the Alaskan way of life] we will be "home" in Alaska in ~ 100 days!. Having lived in Alaska I fully understand how companies can charge outrageous shipping/handling. If it's not too late I'd like to get in on ordering some of these too. Respectfully,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast