Thread: G-Loomis

Default G-Loomis

Well I guess it had to happen eventually.I was at sportsman's today and was looking at the g-loomis rods and fell in love because they seem so light but very strong so I was thinking of getting one for silvers/kings can anyone help me with a good rod model for kings/silvers as well as a good reel for it.By the way I have never used a casting rod so I dont know if that is better than a spinning rod so help there would be great too.Thank You all
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

if you are using a baitcast reel use use a trigger/casting rod. if you use a spinning reel use a spinning rod... I'm not sure if that is what you were asking?

Quote Originally Posted by IL Bowhunter View Post
    if you are using a baitcast reel use use a trigger/casting rod. if you use a spinning reel use a spinning rod... I'm not sure if that is what you were asking?
    Umm That was not exactly what i was asking,What I was asking is if you could tell me which rod model is good for silvers/kings as well as a good spinning reel for both salmon as well

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

SAR 1084C is a good baitcasting rod.

Negative: Loomis warranty is not what it used to be
    Positive: With the 6 Loomis rods we have I only had to use the warranty once and that was after a weight from another fisherman hit my rod at 100 mph after pulling out of a king.

Albradley,
    good choice. Gloomis is one of the best rods on the market and has been for some time. Well balanced, light, sensitive and strong. Good choices are the SAR1024 or the SAR1084 GL2s. Gloomis has decided to cut back on quite a bit of their rod offerings, so get one while supplies last. All GL2 fly rods are discontinued as well as GL3s. The conventional rod selection has been severly cut as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai Cache Outfitters View Post
    Albradley,
    good choice. Gloomis is one of the best rods on the market and has been for some time. Well balanced, light, sensitive and strong. Good choices are the SAR1024 or the SAR1084 GL2s. Gloomis has decided to cut back on quite a bit of their rod offerings, so get one while supplies last. All GL2 fly rods are discontinued as well as GL3s. The conventional rod selection has been severly cut as well.

Okay thank you Would you also by chance be able to recommend a spinning reel for it

i have the 9' IMX medium action with a abu garcia ambassadeur reel... havent got it on kings yet... worked great on clearwater silvers and got it into some nice pike over the summer... probably a little small for kings.... not gonna stop me tho

There are several reels to choose from on the market that work well. Balance and performance are the issues here. Consider a lighter weight reel to compliment a Gloomis. Shimano reels such as a Sedona, Symetre, Soltace are all good options. Cost for these reels will run between $59 and $99. Fo something nicer, consider a Shimano Stradic or even a Shimano Sustain. Penn has a new line of reels for this season so consider viewing their new "light weight" line for 2011.