Thread: selling porcupine hair??

Default selling porcupine hair??

I asked a trooper what he thought and he wasn't sure. seem to catch a handful here, so can one sell porcupine hair under a trapping license??

Just stating my opinion, BUT since it is listed as unclassified game, it wouldn't matter if you had a trapping license or not. You don't need any license to kill one...or to sell the hair I assume. People sell the quills all the time, why would hair be any different? (other than technically I guess you could take the quills without killing the animal)

you do need a license to kill a porcupine...a hunting license..you may not take a porcupine with a trapping license...it is not a furbearer...you need a hunting license and in units 7,13,14,15 and 20 you need a basic hunters education certification if are under 16 and/or born after january 1,1986.....as i understand it you may sell all parts of a porcupine EXCEPT the meat....
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Quote Originally Posted by sharksinthesalsa View Post
    you do need a license to kill a porcupine...a hunting license..you may not take a porcupine with a trapping license...it is not a furbearer...you need a hunting license and in units 7,13,14,15 and 20 you need a basic hunters education certification if are under 16 and/or born after january 1,1986.....as i understand it you may sell all parts of a porcupine EXCEPT the meat....
    Yep and if you talk with some fly tiers you'll have a market! The quills make awsome bodies and the gard hairs are one of the best antena materials out there.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.