Thread: Anyone ever... ?

Default Anyone ever... ?

Anyone ever seal a Bait'em907 Scent Ball IN their barrel so it can't be carried off but still provide a scent source for a longer run?

I just came across a beer keg with a hole that is too large on the top. While it's large I was thinking of sticking a "Scent-on-a-rope" in there and then sealing it up.

The bears would be pretty darn frustrated trying to get that thing out of a keg!

Additionally, I would continue to hang one high, but they tend to want the thing so bad they'll tear down a mature spruce to get it...

Thoughts?

Taylor

good idea. I have a couple little pony kegs I think would work great for that. I've been using them filled with dog food with a 1 inch hole so they have to knock it around to get food. i have it on 50 foot of cable. They clean out evey time.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Sounds like a great idea. Something to keep them interested.

Sent via Android

Man that is a great idea Im going to try it the only that could happen is the get to it hell I went through a couple last year because I thought I hung them high enough and I was WRONG AHAHA

One time I did a burn with jello when I left I smashed the can up and stuffed it in the drum. A black bear dug a bunch of the dog food out just to get the can which he chewed it to shreds. I'll bet it will work with one of 907's scent balls.
    Chuck

People have done it before. It works!
    A special request last season; we threw a match in a new bait barrel to burn off what was in it. Then we scent coated it and drilled very small holes. The bears went straight to the scent coated barrel (no food in it) verses the barrel with dog food in it.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163