Thread: wiki down

Default wiki down

On this page:
    http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/sitemap.htm

all links to the AOD wiki seem to be down.

I've never seen a wiki here; did I miss it?

There was a push to develop it under David but it never really happened. It would be cool to get some of the "pro's" on here to put together something but it may be a dead horse. It was really a great idea but it never got any momentum and without a concerted effort it isn't likely to happen IMHO. It would require someone to take it on as a project and actually organize a group of folks to edit it. Not an easy thing to do in an all volunteer situation.

Default wiki: I totally agree

Yes, it is kinda a full time thing.

Thing is, I've always thought that the plethora of information that is already present on this site would be more accessible to users in a wiki format vs. forum format. And I just ran across that link to a wiki thing here and wondered if it was me that missed the boat?

Don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but I suspect I've made the wiki-suggestion before. But insofar as funding? I have no idea. You're right, its a lot of work. In addition to all (which is major) that is being put into the present site. And I suspect that this site is more of a work from the heart than a huge moneymaker.

I send thanks to all the contributors on this site, which include the mods, the paying members, and all of the members that offer great counsel on this forum.

Default Outdoors Directory Wiki

Thanks for the question.

David started the Wiki some time ago, but as we got into it a bit, there were some issues. So we have suspended it pending evaluation.

We are currently working on other enhancements to the site and will revisit the wiki issue at a later time.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default new sig line

I no longer see the post on this short thread questioning a correlation between my posts and one of my sig lines ("Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" --Patrick Jane) from an actor I enjoy watching on the series "The Mentalist".

------ edited by author: Whoops, right forum, wrong thread, my bad. That happened on the Kenai Keeper thread.

Since this is the not the first time I've heard this exact same conjecture said aloud from forum mgmt, I've decided to remove that line from my sig line and replace it with talk about the AOD flag I got for my canoe this evening.

There is more info in the powerboat forum about these flags. This is where member Maast did us all a favor and came up with a supplier and design for these flags, and had them produced. Let me tell you they are not cheap feeling. Very nice stuff. Thanks Maast!
    Last edited by FamilyMan; 01-27-2011 at 00:08. Reason: to clarify

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I no longer see the post on this short thread questioning a correlation between my posts and one of my sig lines ("Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" --Patrick Jane) from an actor I enjoy watching on the series "The Mentalist".

------ edited by author: Whoops, right forum, wrong thread, my bad. That happened on the Kenai Keeper thread.

Since this is the not the first time I've heard this exact same conjecture said aloud from forum mgmt, I've decided to remove that line from my sig line and replace it with talk about the AOD flag I got for my canoe this evening.

There is more info in the powerboat forum about these flags. This is where member Maast did us all a favor and came up with a supplier and design for these flags, and had them produced. Let me tell you they are not cheap feeling. Very nice stuff. Thanks Maast!
    I asked Brian M to delete a post I made in that thread, because I made a speculative comment that was not relevant. A subsequent post was also deleted, because it referred to my deleted post.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay