Thread: Poker Run

Default Poker Run

Just wanted to let everyone know the Annual January Poker Run on the Yetena River is Next weekend 28-29-30 Jan. Pay at Yetena Station after 1 pm on Friday. Card turn in is at Skwetna Roadhouse. All cards need to be turned in by 3 pm on Sunday.

I talked to Cindi this afternoon and the 5 stops are Yetena Station, Northwoods, Shell Lake, Tal Vista (this may well be a "cards only" stop) and Skwentna.

Other great news is there is also a plan for a 3rd poker run this year. Current thinking is to run us out to Donkey Creek Lodge.

If you have never run the river this is a great time. They pay the top 5 hands and all monies collected minus a very small amount for flyers is returned to the winners. Have seen 1st place prize over $500 a couple times thru the years. So I hope to see some of you out there.

If you need more info, post your questions, I can most likly answer most and at least get you a good phone number.

ok this is a 3 day run so how long is it and where do pwople stay at night? How much is lodging or do fellow poker players have cabins along the way
    He who don't float. Don't follow the ARGO!

We have made this run for quite a few years now. It is a great time and usually great snow conditions along the way. The run can be made in one day although it is a long day. There is lodging at either northwoods, skwetna as well as yentna station. Although not involved in this poker run Luce's also has lodging available. I have a cabin by yentna station and just from my place it is around 100 miles round trip depending on the route taken. For anyone thinking of going that has never been up that way I would suggest making the trip, Its well worth it. Happy trails.

Argonut....4 of the 5 stops listed by Dupont Spinner have food and lodging...some gas... last I heard TalVista was in caretaker mode.. so I don't know about it...
    You might want to call ahead for reservations.. I used to have all the ph numbers as well as the GPS locations... but can't put my hands on them at the moment.. You could google all of those places and get that info... My son, Grandson and I have made the whole circuit in one day, starting at the DEshka Landing and ending at our little cabin near Yentna Station... but your one whipped pup - at least this old fool was... two days is much more fun.... take a camera as the scenery is fantastic...!!

This was last yrs stuff,how far, Phone N0#s Gps,

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ight=poker+run

Default Poker Run

Hey guys, Sorry we couldn't get in on the upcoming poker run but hopefully we can get in on the 3rd one if it comes to be. Would like you to know though that we are located just a couple of miles up Fish Creek from Northwoods Lodge and have cabins, food, etc. if anyone is looking for a nights stay. And if someone could give me a contact number for whoever organizes the runs I sure would appreciate it as like I said we'd like to get in on the next one.
    Have a great ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know the Annual January Poker Run on the Yetena River is Next weekend 28-29-30 Jan. Pay at Yetena Station after 1 pm on Friday. Card turn in is at Skwetna Roadhouse. All cards need to be turned in by 3 pm on Sunday.

I talked to Cindi this afternoon and the 5 stops are Yetena Station, Northwoods, Shell Lake, Tal Vista (this may well be a "cards only" stop) and Skwentna.

Other great news is there is also a plan for a 3rd poker run this year. Current thinking is to run us out to Donkey Creek Lodge.

If you have never run the river this is a great time. They pay the top 5 hands and all monies collected minus a very small amount for flyers is returned to the winners. Have seen 1st place prize over $500 a couple times thru the years. So I hope to see some of you out there.

If you need more info, post your questions, I can most likly answer most and at least get you a good phone number.

We always just stayed at ur cabin up there. They just split the purse in half and deduct a few bucks. Our party normaly does it in one day. Headin up tommorow to check out the river.
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post
    Hey guys, Sorry we couldn't get in on the upcoming poker run but hopefully we can get in on the 3rd one if it comes to be. Would like you to know though that we are located just a couple of miles up Fish Creek from Northwoods Lodge and have cabins, food, etc. if anyone is looking for a nights stay. And if someone could give me a contact number for whoever organizes the runs I sure would appreciate it as like I said we'd like to get in on the next one.
    Have a great ride!
    Hey Little Joe,
    Jean or Dan at Yetena Station is good POC 733-2746. This run is being coordinated thru Skwetna Lodge. Talk to Cindi, one of the new lodge owners 733-2726 is another. Would love to see you guys on board for stop.

For those wondering the weather is looking real good. May even see temps in the 20's next weekend. For those that have been doing this Run for awhile know this Jan ride can be really cold this time of year. I think coldest I have ever run was around -50*

******UPDATE*******

Tal will not be participating in this Poker Run. You will pull TWO cards at Skwentna Roadhouse. They have almost 5 inches of fresh snow today.

It sounds like Tal will be opening up after 1 Feb sometime.

Congrats to the winners I hope it is someone from here. I heard that there was over 100 hands being played as of yesterday evening. That is a great amount for a January run but with the warm temps and good snow not to surprising.

The next Poker Run is suppose to be in two weeks and the run will go to Donkey Creek Lodge, I believe. I will keep everyone posted as I get the info.

Final standings for the Skwentna Poker Run
    1st place 2 2 2 2 Q ~ held by Casey Herman Hoskins ~ 746.00
    2nd place A A A K K Jack Bonner 530.00
    3rd place A high Flush A K 8 7 2 Eric Johnson 422.00
    4th place A A A 9 7 Dan Gabryzak 314.00
    5th Place J J J A Q Shannon 98.00
    Way to go great turn out for January Hope everyone made it home safe and happy!!

If you know these folks time to hit them up for a lunch. What a great turn out for a January Poker Run. I hope the up coming events are the same or better. The next Poker Run is 25, 26, 27 Feb.

We had a fun time making this run:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koMz21ASX_M

Thanks to the lodge owners for putting together a fun event.

You guys came in while we were at Shell.....that is my Orange Cat in the background of the still photo taken on the deck about 1:30 in the video. We were sitting on the left 2nd table (the fly boys were at the 1st table)when you guys came in.