Thread: Remington .300 WM 200 gr. Premier Bonded A-Frame

Default Remington .300 WM 200 gr. Premier Bonded A-Frame

Anybody using Remington 200 grain Premier Bonded A-Frame in their 300 Win Mag with good results on moose and bear? I used the 180 grain Accubonds on my last caribou hunt and am not sure I'm satisfied with the performance. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tyrex13 View Post
    Anybody using Remington 200 grain Premier Bonded A-Frame in their 300 Win Mag with good results on moose and bear? I used the 180 grain Accubonds on my last caribou hunt and am not sure I'm satisfied with the performance. Thanks
    One of my best friends uses these in his 300 WM. He posts on here occasionally as AK_Taxidermist and has taken both moose and a brown bear with the factory loaded A-Frame. He is very satisfied with this load and I'm confident he would recommend all but their price tag.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Thanks for the info. No doubt on the price, maybe they used gold instead of lead?

For the last 15 years I've been loading 200 grain Nosler Partitions to 2900fps for my son-in-law, and he's not yet recovered as ingle one from moose, black bear, brown bear, elk, mule deer, blacktail, sheep or goat. Who knows what kind of weight retension he's getting but he's sure getting nice wound channels and deadquick game. If the price of the A-Frame beats you up, I'm betting you won't be sorry to use the partition instead.

I don't reload, are the any factory loads with the 200 gr Partition? Thanks

I was prepared to guess Federal, but since I reload I haven't paid lots of attention. I just checked and in 200 grain they only offer the Trophy Bonded.

On a side note this is why I hate citing #'s, whether velocities or powder charges. I typo-ed my earlier post. That load is doing 2800fps from his rifle---- not 2900fps.

I would go with Winchester 200gr XP3 rounds. The new bullet preforms exceptionally well.
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chinese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JC in AK View Post
    I would go with Winchester 200gr XP3 rounds. The new bullet preforms exceptionally well.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that. What about the newer Federal 180 grain Trophy Bonded Tipped?

I don't see a 200gr listed on their website, is it new?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrex13 View Post
    I don't see a 200gr listed on their website, is it new?
    I do not know how new that load is but I bought two boxes of Federal 200 grain Trophy Bonded Bear Claw
    last week. It was an on the shelf stock item.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

I used to use 200 grain trophy bonded Federal premiums back in 96 so not new. But they may not be available to reloaders.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    I used to use 200 grain trophy bonded Federal premiums back in 96 so not new. But they may not be available to reloaders.
    Yep, they are still out there for reloaders - not in factory loads though that I could find...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Today I picked up the last 4 boxes of Remington 200 gr A Frames in 300 WM and they were on clearance at 3 Bears for $48/box. Hopefully they will work in my rifle!