Thread: Strange Coyote

Default Strange Coyote

A few days ago a coyote came within about 40 yards of our house, drawn by some table scraps I had tossed on the ground for the wild birds. I had looked out the window when I heard a raven making a horrible racket, and there was this coyote nibbling at the "raven's food". I couldn't help but notice the unusual white and black coloring on the shoulders and back. Even at 40 yards he would hear the shutter click every time...would look up and stare intently in my direction for a few seconds, before going back to the "birdseed". I was somewhat hid behind a corner of the house, but I think he knew I was there.

Marshall/Ak

"I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall/Ak View Post
    A few days ago a coyote came within about 40 yards of our house, drawn by some table scraps I had tossed on the ground for the wild birds. I had looked out the window when I heard a raven making a horrible racket, and there was this coyote nibbling at the "raven's food". I couldn't help but notice the unusual white and black coloring on the shoulders and back. Even at 40 yards he would hear the shutter click every time...would look up and stare intently in my direction for a few seconds, before going back to the "birdseed". I was somewhat hid behind a corner of the house, but I think he knew I was there.

Marshall/Ak

Now, that is a pretty coyote. Never saw one like that. You got a great picture of it.
    JOHN

Nice shot! Very unique indeed!

where's the "after" photo?

+1 no after photo? Where was this taken I have 2 hanging on my wall with similar patterns on the back both were taken near Nenana and were my first double on predators which is why I kept them. Perhaps it is a time of year thing?

Very cool photo.

No "after" photos. (what's an after photo?) Pic taken near Seward.

Marshall/Ak
    "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

"After Photo" = after you reduced the animal to nothing more than a pelt wearing carcass (with only one small hole)