Thread: Is Verizon a Cell Provider in AK?

Default Is Verizon a Cell Provider in AK?

I was wondering if Verizon is a cell phone provider in AK? If so, how is the service in the Wasilla and Sodoltna areas?

I have read that verison recently bought band width in Ak but I've not seen any retail outlets. I'm sure they roam on a local network.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

They roam on ACS, which has good coverage across the state. ACS uses Verison as their nationwide plan support when we hit the L48 on vacation/work trips. I am not sure how that goes for coming north, so check with Verizon and see if they include Alaska in their "nation wide" coverage.

We had Verizon when we moved up 3 yrs ago and had it for years prior but found it hit and miss up here. I guess when you get here and depending on where you are going to stay you will see if it works well enough for you. Verizon will let you out of your contract if they can not provide coverage.
    Regards

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

I work with several folks on the North Slope that have verizon phones, to include smart phones. They work great. One of them lives in the Valley. He has never had an issue with it so he says. Like AK Ray stated, they are partnered with ACS.

I have had a verizon phone for several years and alaska is covered in the nationwide plan. Wasilla and soldatna both works good as does most anywhere north of there that most other cells work.

Mine and my wifes phones have worked fine in Alaska since switching to Verizon. Planning on making the big move north this spring and keeping my current plan. Call Verison if you have questions.

You just don't get any data services with a verizon phone in AK. Only phone and texting.

Quote Originally Posted by G3_Guy View Post
    I was wondering if Verizon is a cell phone provider in AK? If so, how is the service in the Wasilla and Sodoltna areas?
    You can get data service if you go into your phones menu and turn on data roaming. Just be sure to turn it off before you go into Canada. Since you are on American soil you will not be charged for data roaming services.

Thanks for the info folks! Very Helpful!