Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 200 optimax sport jet impeller sales

Default 200 optimax sport jet impeller sales

Ok checked the prices on an impellers around town been looking on the web to see if I could do better right now around town Anchorage Wasilla they are saying $700 for a standard impeller. Does anyone know of a web site that sells them Ive been looking for two days and cant find any. The places in town have to get there impellers from some where. Thanks Chris

I had the same problem. Couldn't find any prices for the HS on the web. I couldn't even find a part number in the micro fich. You'll have to do some calling to dealers.

call riddle marine or outlaw eagle

Did you call the boat shop in fbx?....they usually keep them in stock and will be happy to mail one to you
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

FOund one in Canada http://sparwood.canadianlisted.com/b...el_336101.html

Found one on ebay not hs http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercu...ssoriesQ5fGear

What about professional marine in anchorage( this who I used for my stainless wera ring)
    (907) 563-2082
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Thanks guys all call them all and compare prices. I tell you HG is out there with his prices nothing against the person dont know him but his prices are way to high.

no problem skybust also here a link for a shop service manaul for your motor 20.00 bucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCU...sQ5fLiterature
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Call Kevin Turner. Got back to me super quick.
    His price last spring was better than that, even for a high skew. I don't know if it's changed. 636-797-2628
    kevinturner@att.net

Thanks guys got a great price on two knew ss standard impellers

Just curious if your going to use the standard impeller, why not just have yours rebuilt and add a SS liner. It's much cheaper. I think it's Greatland welding in anch that rebuilds them. Or it could be another, im not familiar with that area but I know someone in Anch. rebuilds them.

Default Greatland Welding

I think Greatland is out in the Valley. I was on the phone with them last week, they said $350 for the wear ring, and $350 to rebuild your current impeller, not to bad.

Im having greatland put in the ss liner but got a one new ss impeller for 350 and the second one for 325. Gary at greatland is a great person but for the cost I went with two new ones and Ill have him do the SS liner

Greatland is great....Gary is as honest as they come...he's done a handful of rebuilds for me....take in one of your new impellers and leave it with them, I've had 4 liners done and they all end up with a touch more clearance...a SS wear ring isn't going to make you happy if you end up with a .050" gap when you drop in a new impeller.....

All mine were done at the same time as an impeller rebuild and they've always come back nice and tight...the rebuilt impeller must have always been built up just a fuzz over the stock diameter....

Several friends have work done at greatland and all were pleased...
    pull my finger....

I hope I am not hijacking the thread, but have you guys ever had to deal with warranty issues after upgrading the impeller or the sleeve? I bought the boat off the floor last year and got six years on the opti. So i am a little nervous doing any work? Thanks

I don't know for sure but I can't imagine anyone giving a warranty on the impeller/sleeve...if so, I'd sure like in on that deal ....i'd run your boat just the way it is, when you notice a loss in performance great enough to make you unhappy just have the impeller rebuilt..if the liner is worn too much have the SS insert put in too....you should get at least one impeller rebuild in before you have to worry about your liner, depending on the type of water you run..
    pull my finger....

I am just leary about the mechanics saying "the head blew up because you installed an aftermarket liner, etc., $5000 please" tjm did you have an xs?

Quote Originally Posted by halibutcollier View Post
    I am just leary about the mechanics saying "the head blew up because you installed an aftermarket liner, etc., $5000 please" tjm did you have an xs?
    Understandable concern....but, it isn't going to happen and yes, I had an XS, great boat...
    pull my finger....

Plan on taking one of the impellers in when I have the ss ring put in. For anyone who hasnt done work done by greatland like T said I have had them work on three of my past boats they are fair when it comes to pricing and do great work

Found one on ebay starting @ $800

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-M...ssoriesQ5fGear

Did you price any through Riddle? He's set up a deal there and is having they dynamically balanced now... seems to give even a bit more performance out of them. Also, I cant say enough about the hi-skew advantages when it comes to load lifting and hole shot thrust... I probably have a couple standard pitched ones laying around if anyone is looking for that route let me know and I'll do some digging.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast