Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: crackerJack charters

Default crackerJack charters

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Crackerjack Charters based out of seward.I have been looking into them for a possible charter this upcoming summer but I would like to hear from you guys if any of you have used them before.Thank you All
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Andy and Nik book up early because they do a great job! Andy can singles and doubles book at this time?

never fished with them, but rumor has it that they are one of the best outfits in Seward, and if I was going to go on a charter in Seward, I would call them first
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

They are a very classy operation. Great boats, gear and crews... The capts will work hard to get you on good fish. Not take you to the chicken hole... Do a search on here for Akcapt and crackerjack and look at the threads

I have heard good things about them.

One of the best in the business. Getting a seat on one of Andy's boat is not always easy. His boats fill up quickly. Never heard a discouraging word about his trips. And yes, I've been on his boat, so my info is not second-hand.

But he's not the only charter operator in Seward with a great reputation so if you can't get on with Andy, I'm sure he can give you another recommendation.

Cracker Jack and ProFish-n-Sea Charters work together and trade charters back and forth I believe. I tried to get a Cracker Jack charter last summer and they were full, but booked us with Steve at ProFish-n-Sea Charters. Absolutely recommend them to anyone. They got us on the fish and filled everyones limits. Steve has a processing center in Seward also, so can pack, flash freeze and ship your fish for you if you need to. Great guys.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Best in the biz from what I have read and that's almost a decade of collations...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

As everyone has said they are outstanding. Andy, Nic, Steve and Kevin are great guys and will put you on the fish if anybody can. As said before Crackejack and Profish-n-Sea work together and you can't go wrong with them.

Cool I was curious about them now im almost positive im gonna try to book with them..does anyone have an idea when i would be able to catch halibut and salmon in seward??Looking for a good time frame to get both.

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyH View Post
    Cracker Jack and ProFish-n-Sea Charters work together and trade charters back and forth I believe. I tried to get a Cracker Jack charter last summer and they were full, but booked us with Steve at ProFish-n-Sea Charters. Absolutely recommend them to anyone. They got us on the fish and filled everyones limits. Steve has a processing center in Seward also, so can pack, flash freeze and ship your fish for you if you need to. Great guys.
    I rarely pay for a charter since I have access to various boats, but one I would strongly recommend is Steve with ProFish-n-Sea Charters. Great guy, very knowledgable, and he puts you on nice fish. This was our last trip with Steve.

fishingwithbryant 019.jpg
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Albradley View Post
    Cool I was curious about them now im almost positive im gonna try to book with them..does anyone have an idea when i would be able to catch halibut and salmon in seward??Looking for a good time frame to get both.
    I'd say from mid-July to mid-August. I'd imagine they're already booked during the silver salmon derby, so would schedule your trip before then.

Hey Fishgod - Incredible pile of fish!! What month did you take that trip? Given the mixed bag of coho, halibut, and rockfish, my guess is mid to late August.......

It was July 27th. It was crappy outside the bay and nobody was going out very far. We told Steve we were seasoned Alaskans and didn't mind getting beat up by the weather. We didn't want any chickens, so Steve said he would make the run to Montague Island. As we passed the Saltwater Safari boats on the chicken patches they gave us the funniest look. "Where in the heck are they going?" Well, it paid off and we deffinitely outfished every boat in Seward that day. Due to the crappy weatherm, the biggest fish weighed that day before us was 61lbs. When we showed up, jaws dropped.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

NICE FISH! How big is the biggest halibut in your pic?

My wife and I tried to get out with Crackerjack last summer, but they were booked up.

We ended up booking through the Fish House. That was the worst charter fishing experience I've ever had.

We started the day with confusion between The Fish House and the charter boats. They had over-booked, and were shuffling people around trying to get everyone on the right type of trip. Took us an hour and half to get off the dock, standing in the wind and rain, while the captains argued about who was taking who and how far out they would go.

We ended up on a 24' boat that must have been built in the '70's and proceeded out to get pounded all to hell going around the corner. We got into Day Harbor chasing silvers and the captain wasn't paying attention to the lines and got 20lb. braid wrapped in his prop. A LOT of it. Another hour and a half delay to fix that. No heater in the boat, wind blowing the rain sideways, 2-6 foot chop while dead in the water....it was a long, cold delay.

Finally got back to fishing and managed to boat several silvers between all of us, but then we headed in early because the weather was getting even worse.

So, for about $400, we fished a total of maybe 2 hours.

Worst part about it was while still standing on the docks that morning getting the boat/people sorted out, the Crackerjack cruised right by us...I wanted to swim over and get on board.

So...the moral of the story: Book AHEAD OF TIME. Avoid the Fish House...they just throw you on whatever boat, and it's kind of luck of the draw.

Booked with Crackerjack on 8/18 this year, 1st time to Seward. I've heard nothing but good things.
    Have Profish n Sea for the next day. They both were mostly full that week because of the Derby, but the 19th was just opened by me with a few slots left. Give Robin a call ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. F Rodder View Post
    Booked with Crackerjack on 8/18 this year, 1st time to Seward. I've heard nothing but good things.
    Have Profish n Sea for the next day. They both were mostly full that week because of the Derby, but the 19th was just opened by me with a few slots left. Give Robin a call ASAP.
    All right thanks Im gonna make reservations on monday for august

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    I rarely pay for a charter since I have access to various boats, but one I would strongly recommend is Steve with ProFish-n-Sea Charters. Great guy, very knowledgable, and he puts you on nice fish. This was our last trip with Steve.

fishingwithbryant 019.jpg
    I own my own boat and I catch a lot of nice fish. But looking at that photo almost makes me want to charter with him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Albradley View Post
    In my own opinion the best time to fish out of Seward is the last two weeks of June throughout the first two weeks of July. The silvers are around in good numbers and the halibut have moved in shallow following the bait. If you book your trip after the first of July you can do a combo and get your lings, silver (maybe some kings), halibut, and your rock fish. It seems like that time frame also gives some of the nicest weather of the season too. Good luck with your choice and any of the given names so far will put you on GOOD fish. My boat is parked directly behind both profish boats and just down the dock from one of the crackerjack boats, so I get to see what they catch on a regular basis.
    Boatless

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast