Thread: Mat-Su charter help

Default Mat-Su charter help

Hey guys Im trying to plan Either a non guided trip or a charter on either the sustina river or the deshka around july 10, If anyone has any info or would be willing to help a fellow fisherman out i would really appreciate it.I am also willing to even cover for someone to go along I live in fairbanks and havent fished that way before.Thanks all
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

What would you be looking to fish for?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBighorn View Post
    What would you be looking to fish for?
    Salmon,rainbows,grayling char...Salmon as a main fish with any of the others as added benefits

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Give Andy Couch a call at fishtale charters. His number is 746-2199. If anybody can put you on fish, he can.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by Albradley View Post
    Hey guys Im trying to plan Either a non guided trip or a charter on either the sustina river or the deshka around july 10, If anyone has any info or would be willing to help a fellow fisherman out i would really appreciate it.I am also willing to even cover for someone to go along I live in fairbanks and havent fished that way before.Thanks all
    You said you are interseted in fishing for anything and everything, the time frame of 10 July however I believe the majority of salmon you will find in the valley at that time is going to be king salmon. There are grayling, rainbow and dolly present also in both lakes and the rivers and creeks.

I try and plan things also, however it seems the last couple years with the low king numbers and early emergency order closings I am thinking it would be prudant from me to plan that kings will be closed again in various locations in the susitna valley, especially Unit 2.

Are you fishing to fill a freezer or fishing for c&r "jollies"? some people think its not ethical or they may frown upon sport fishing for their "jollies" and documenting it with photos, NOT ME. I love to get my "jollies" as often as I can. So if you are interested, I wont be food fishing at that time when I am in the valley and maybe we can chat off line about options for self guided trips in the valley. email me at alaskasalmonjedi@hotmail.com

I am not an expert, or a guide, however I have caught a few fish in the valley and maybe can help you. One thing is for sure is there is a lot of information to digest on the forums when post like this get going and a lot of opinions on where, when ,what to use, and so on. whatever you decide to follow, good luck to ya!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

If memory serves me right king fishing closes around the Deshka, willow, montana areas around the second weekend of July so you might luck out on Kings, however if you are lucky and find them there is reds and silvers present in some parts of the Big Su then. If I was you I would book a guide. Call a few places and ask qestions.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    You said you are interseted in fishing for anything and everything, the time frame of 10 July however I believe the majority of salmon you will find in the valley at that time is going to be king salmon. There are grayling, rainbow and dolly present also in both lakes and the rivers and creeks.

I try and plan things also, however it seems the last couple years with the low king numbers and early emergency order closings I am thinking it would be prudant from me to plan that kings will be closed again in various locations in the susitna valley, especially Unit 2.

Are you fishing to fill a freezer or fishing for c&r "jollies"? some people think its not ethical or they may frown upon sport fishing for their "jollies" and documenting it with photos, NOT ME. I love to get my "jollies" as often as I can. So if you are interested, I wont be food fishing at that time when I am in the valley and maybe we can chat off line about options for self guided trips in the valley. email me at alaskasalmonjedi@hotmail.com

I am not an expert, or a guide, however I have caught a few fish in the valley and maybe can help you. One thing is for sure is there is a lot of information to digest on the forums when post like this get going and a lot of opinions on where, when ,what to use, and so on. whatever you decide to follow, good luck to ya!
    I think I would just be fishing for jollies at this point since im gonna be hitting chitina for most of june to fill the freezer as well as seward later on.I will Email you later on so maybe we can come up with a plan...So any openings for a padawan in the near future??