Thread: Spring Kodiak Bear Hunt

Default Spring Kodiak Bear Hunt

Okay, here's the deal. I have a permit for North Uyak Bay (east of Larsen Bay) Brown Bear coming up this spring and my original hunting companion has backed out. Seems like he needs to stay home and start building a house for his wife. I am looking for someone that is interested in doing the hunt with me. I plan on going over sometime after 15 April for about 10 days. The time frame isn't set but I would like to be there before May first to have the best chance at a quality bear. No other seasons are open during this time so you would be going as an observer, for the experience, and for backup. I am camping in a tent and planning on taking a float plane from Kodiak to the hunt area. You need to be experienced in the outdoors and carry your own. Interested? Drop me a line and we will see if there is a fit.

Randy

Default kodiak bear

I just wanted to bring this up again to see if anyone is interested and just missed it the first time.

Randy

Default Might need to pay

I think you might have to fork out 1/2 the cash or make it worth while. I have a Bear hunt on the penn this fall and if my partner backed out and I needed someone I would fork out half of his expense. Just a thought

Randy

Send me a copy of the list of Kodiak Hunters drawing a tag and I will see if I can get you lined out.

I take it you are going anyway so one would presume you are covering
    the charter cost anyway.

Sorry man, been on your end and it is really disappointing.

Neal

Default Kodiak

Mtcop,

There is discussion and negotiations that need to take place. There is also compatiblity questions that need to be explored even it they want to pay for my part if you catch my meaning.

Hammer,

I am working on the list of permit holders so I can contact the ones in Uyak area to see if the same thing has happend to them and they are looking for company.

Randy