Thread: Help, trying to look for a used or Refurb 02 Suzuki DF140 Lower Unit

Default Help, trying to look for a used or Refurb 02 Suzuki DF140 Lower Unit

Hello all,
    Looking for any help I can get. Wondering if anyone has any connections or ideas on where to find a used or re-manufactured lower unit I need. I'm trying to find a lower unit for a 2002 Suzuki 4-stroke DF140 with a 25" extra long shaft. Don't know if the short 20" shaft would work on this motor, but was thinking the 20" might work as a last resort.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Eddie

Finding a 25" is your problem. I literally just went through this with my Honda BF90. I have a 25" shaft motor and found a lot of 20" shaft lower units for sale. Here is what I did:

By the 20" lower unit and swap driveshafts from your old unit to the new one (provided a broken driveshaft isn't why you are replacing the lower unit in the first place!).

The good thing is that the Suzuki DF140 has been around for a long time without any changes so there are a lot out there. I might give a call to www.siglersmarine.com whom I believe are the biggest suzuki outboard dealers on the west coast and they would most likely have a new or used one on hand in 25" but if not could help you out.

Sobie2

hey go see John @ marita Sea & ski they are always putting jet unit on the 115 140's he helped me out with a lower unit at a great price

these are for sale on the Kenai CL, one threw a rod, looks like a 25" shaft, maybe the seller will seperate?

http://kenai.craigslist.org/boa/2201512274.html
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/2201536647.html

same motors as in AkGramps post. It would be worth a call.

“Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

I have one, almost brand new and its for a 2002. Let me know if you still need one and I'll make you a steal of a deal.