Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Skew impeller for 200 sportjet

Default High Skew impeller for 200 sportjet

Who has one what do you think tell me the goods and bad where did you get it and the cost thanks for any information by posting or sending a pm Chris

I put one inn my predator last season. Ran it for one day. Then took it and put the stock one back in ran that one for an hour went back and put the high skew back in. Then gave my stock one away to derek. Worth the money for sure. I lost about 3 miles an hour. But still faster than dereks Phamton. I found mine on ebay for 650 dollars. I also have a stainless steal wear ring installed to. I believe i paid 400. Here's pic of what my boat run for speed.portage river 025.jpg

thanks mike

a little pic of the impeller a must upgrade in my mind.

WOW. Never realized it was that much of a difference

The difference is the length of the blades....don't know anything about the pitch, eyeballing them they appear identical ...perhaps someone who knows can chime in...

------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Here's pic of what my boat run for speed.
    downstream I assume?
    45mph up portage would be quite impressive
    pull my finger....

Yes thats running down dtream i wish we all could run that up stream. average of 36 up stream depends on load in boat. Hows your winter.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

T cant you post the chart showing the results of the different impellers. Outdoormen was telling me they dont do well in weeds, thats wont work because if were my father in laws cabin is come June alot of weeds. Im just looking at opions. Ive collecting alot of information about for my Hall road caribou hunt and the one thing everyone is telling my is the launch is sinny so jumping on step is a must also when you have to stop you may only have a little spot to jump up.

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    T cant you post the chart showing the results of the different impellers. Outdoormen was telling me they dont do well in weeds, thats wont work because if were my father in laws cabin is come June alot of weeds. Im just looking at opions. Ive collecting alot of information about for my Hall road caribou hunt and the one thing everyone is telling my is the launch is sinny so jumping on step is a must also when you have to stop you may only have a little spot to jump up.
    Not sure why the HS would perform any different than the stock impeller in weeds...neither perform in weeds....I would guess that it would do a tiny bit better due to its shape not leaving any flat surface, but I'm far from an expert so I could be missing something...either way, you're out of luck in weeds if you're off step...

I have tested the HS in 2 different boats, my opinion is that I would not spend the money on one...If I could get one near the same price as a standard one I would buy it because it is notably better at passing small sticks and floating crap than the stock impeller....if you've ever got a small stick wedged in your impeller than you know what I'm talking about, it is a vibrating experience...

the HS is not going to turn your boat into super load hauling rocket ship...the difference is not detectable with my poorly calibrated butt-o-meter....

I would take the money and buy a stock impeller and get the impeller you have now cleaned up, then you'd have 2 impellers....when ones gets sloppy you can plug in your other new one and then you'll be doing better with new one versus a worn high skew....

but again, if the difference in cost wasn't so great I'd run a high skew too...but it is the ability to pass floatsum through the pipe that sold me, not a hole shot difference....all sport jets will do great up there just the way they are....

here's that chart comparing a brand new stock impeller, brand new high skew, and a brand new rebuilt impeller....
    pull my finger....

I've never had any problem in weeds. Frist Ive heard of it being an problem. I have had a little stick stuck in the impeller and it is a vibrating experience thats for sure.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I did a lot of reading before I bought mine. What I found is they seem to help heavier boats get on step quicker. Most all the Canadian boats i.e. Outlaw and FireFish come stock with them. I installed mine last winter but i also install the Scott nozzle so It's hard to say why but I is a very noticeable difference even with my nozzle trimmed up. Another thing i noticed is after two years of use, my stock impeller was very beat up from rocks. The HS still looked like new after a year of abuse. I think it's cone shape, it seems to ingests the rocks better.

Thanks guys were did you all get your high skew impeller Mike I know you got your on ebay. Once again thanks. If I can find one at a decent price something to think about

I bought my impeller and SS liner from FireFish

So whats the difference in price?

The Boat Shop in FBX usually has them in stock...for what it is worth they have good things to say about the HS...might be worth a call...
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tibor View Post
    So whats the difference in price?
    Last time I checked it was more than double...standard was under $500 and HS was over $1000...but that was last year so things might have changed...back in '07 the HS was under $800 or so..
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    Last time I checked it was more than double...standard was under $500 and HS was over $1000...but that was last year so things might have changed...back in '07 the HS was under $800 or so..
    Sounds like two standards maybe the way to go. I'll have to do some digging to see why the major price...difference. Bit off topic but I tried to search for some info on a thread on SJ's. My first SJ is coming to a barge near me spring 2011. If anyone knows of a thread can u pm me a link? Sorry not trying to get the thread off topic.

Pretty sure I paid under $800 last year you can email steve at boats@firefish.ca. He was very helpful

If I might add, the HiSkew handles frothy water better than the standard 4 blade. Why it costs so much more is beyond me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast