Thread: 500 S&W Derringer?

Default 500 S&W Derringer?

Subtitles are rough. It gets pretty stupid at 1:32

Originally Posted by BIGBOB
    Estimate of time of death appears to be same day he died.

Borat should not be playing with firearms......

I can't believe some people's stupidity
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Put the bunny back in the box.

Prolly been reading too many posts on this and other forums 'bout bubba's bein' able to load'em up beyond max loads cuz some 'tard posted that loading manuals have been "loaded down" for years and some such idiocy.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Yikes! That should be required viewing for what not to do with a revolver.

Just the imagery provided to the mind's eye by the title of this thread causes thoughts about those whose adolescence never ends, where it concerns pushing limits that shouldn't be pushed.

The initial image I formed in my mind was that of the classic .410 or .45-70 derringer, but with a Cor-Bon 440 grain .500 S&W Hunter cartridge. Without having looked at the clip, or its opening pic, my first thought was, "This is an accidental discharge (and related death) waiting to happen." Little did I know...

I wonder if their friend died doing stupid stuff like this? At 1:38 I noticed a piece flying off after they had already lost the barrel.

Moron. Shooting while diving through the air? This dude has watched way too many movies. Watch the recoil transfer down his arm at 1:44.

Was this a gun shop doing 'testing'? Awfully 'brave' if you ask me? Curious about the holes cut in the barrel in the pics at the end...

It looks to me like nothing more than a couple nitwits who decided to carelessly see what it took to blow up a gun and put it on youtube. Nothing more, nothing less.

Interesting thing to me was that the frame failed - usually the cylinder is the weak point and blows out taking the top strap with it.

Wonder if the frame was defective or engineered to fail that way? Blowing the barrel off should be safer to the shooter than blowing the cylinder.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by BigHinER View Post
    It gets pretty stupid at 1:32
    Actually it got pretty stupid at about the 13 second mark. Se where he has his off hand? Gripping the forward portion of the frame, bottom of the barrel? see how quickly he jerks it backwards when he shoots? I think he just learned about gasses escaping through the cylinder gap.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    Actually it got pretty stupid at about the 13 second mark. Se where he has his off hand? Gripping the forward portion of the frame, bottom of the barrel? see how quickly he jerks it backwards when he shoots? I think he just learned about gasses escaping through the cylinder gap.
    Good eye Vance. I didn't notice that because I was watching the big video. Hunt, I think like Snyd said, it was just some nitwit being stupid but the barrel at the end from what I get from the subtitles was rebuilt or scrounged off another pistol and modified. I don't see any real testing going on other than the limits of stupidity.

Bad eyes Vance, shooter just found the need earmuffs. What would you have done with a revolver for $ 1,500, which broke the frame and your new country nokoupíte because the gun is dud and should not be imported?
    sorry machine translation