Thread: Missing Beagle!

Default Missing Beagle!

hello, my 8 month old beagle puppy ran away about an hour ago..we live off of seward meridian..

if you have any info on her please let me know, thanks.

call 775-5557
    or 242-1191

More than likely it'll come back. Mine runs off all the time. Get yourself a good whistle and teach it to come to a whistle. A lifesaver for me. What color is it? Tricolored, Red and White, Lemon and White, Blue ticked? Do you have a collar with your name and number on it? Beagles run off. It's in there blood.

its tri-colored..

throw something with your scent on it(coat, sweatshirt - whatever) on the porch. If the dog returns to the house & finds the clothing, she'll probably curl up on it to wait for your return.

Beagles are gennerally pretty resistant to most types of obedience training. Using a "treat" to get results is likely the way to go. They can understand, "Come & get a cookie.", much better than, "Come". Just my experience - most are great at trailing bunnies, though, which earns them a spot in front of the fire.

Hope she comes home soon.

Gary

as cold as it is out i would think that if you dog was in its right mind it would be high tailin' its way back.
    good luck,
    let us know when you find her,

this little girl scared me to death...
    got her home though
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	165114_479107712034_680617034_6408610_6867829_n.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	44554

....Congrats!

Good to hear. Beagles have a way of doing that...

Wink

i knew it!!!

Now go to pet palace and make up a tag with your cell on it, put it on the mutt and from now on it will be marked to come home to you. All my dogs have chips and a collar with their name and my number on it, problem solved
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Glad you found her young man. I agree with thewhop2000. At the very least, get yourself a collar and tag with your name and phone number. A buddy of mine who runs a lot of beagles suggests not putting the dog's name on the tag. He claims that if you do, some guys are apt to try to call your dog in and steal it. If you got the money, they sell GPS collars for dogs now. They are kinda pricey. They are called Garmin Astros. I would love to own one myself, but I just can't afford to spend $500.00 for a dog collar. Like I said before, try to train her to a whistle. The high pitch carries a lot farther than you can shout. Often times when I am hunting and she gets far off chasing a rabbit, the whistle will bring her back in when my shouting won't. Good luck with the beagle. They're great hunting companions.